3 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I start a new, empty song in Studio One (latest version) I can hit the pads and they make noise for a while . . . then the unit freezes up. Sometimes i can hit notes for 30 seconds or so, sometimes it locks up after just a few. I have to disconnect and reconnect the Atom for *any* button to respond.

Latest firmware on the Atom. I reloaded the firmware just to make sure.

Anyone run into this? This is indistinguishable from broken at the moment. Basically I can't get past the first minute or so of interaction.
by landondyer on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:32 pm
Solved.

Switching from a USB 3.0 port (on the root hub of my Windows 10 machine) to a powered USB 2.0 hub seemed to do the trick. The Atom was truly unhappy on that old port. After switching, the Atom is stable (half a hour with no issues, versus abjectly freezing in a few seconds).

Now all my problems are creative rather than technical, which is a good place to be.

If any support or engineering staff at Presonus want details, I can provide more info. I have a bunch of experience with the guts of USB and the OS driver stack.
by Bbd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:55 am
Thanks for posting your fix!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

3 posts
Page 1 of 1