5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm not having any luck getting my Atom to behave. I have it hooked up to my Lenovo Thinkpad. It's an I5 with 8 gigs of RAM, and Win10 Pro. I'm also running an Audiobox iOne so I ordered a powered USB hub to see if it's just a lack of bus power issue.

I can't tell when it's in song setup mode because the pad colors don't change. I haven't seen any other posts from other people having this issue so I figured I would post this to see if it's an issue for anyone else.

Are there are some other resources I can access for Atom troubleshooting? I've watched all the Presonus videos and the manual isn't super helpful for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, i5, 8GB RAM, HD graphics 4000, Windows 10 Pro, Audiobox iOne, Faderport, Atom, Nanokey Studio, Magic Acid 8 Pro, Ableton Live X Suite
by Jemusic on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:01 pm
Try bypassing the hub all together and connect ATOM direct to your computer. It will at least eliminate the hub as the source of trouble.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by robertshamansky on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:11 pm
Jemusic wroteTry bypassing the hub all together and connect ATOM direct to your computer. It will at least eliminate the hub as the source of trouble.

It was doing all the misbehaving without the powered hub. The powered hub showed up today and nothing changed. I hooked the Atom up to my desktop and works perfectly. It has to be some weird thing with my Thinkpad. The functions seem to work fine, I just can’t tell what buttons/modes are active because they don’t light up or change state.

Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, i5, 8GB RAM, HD graphics 4000, Windows 10 Pro, Audiobox iOne, Faderport, Atom, Nanokey Studio, Magic Acid 8 Pro, Ableton Live X Suite
by Jemusic on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:01 pm
That is interesting, Maybe check your Windows settings in terms of USB hub power, hibernate etc.. Maybe the port you are using is under some sort of control by the computer. ATOM draws very little power so maybe the computer thinks there is nothing there and is doing something in terms of supply power.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by robertshamansky on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:47 pm
I will do some more investigating tomorrow. The good news is I know the controller isn’t defective. Thanks for your help!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1