10 posts
Page 1 of 1
My reasons are pretty simple, I feel Presonus should have made the unit larger. Pads are ok, but they are a bit small, I'm used to Mpc's and Maschine,this feels a bit like a toy. I'd purchase if they made a larger unit. This ones not for me.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by tomaszszpiner1 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:15 am
How pads feels like? Can you compare it to other machines pads somehow? Because I know unit is small but I'm still interested in getting it. But thing I care of is a pads feel.

We need more reviews of this unit.
by Skip Jones on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:38 am
(W X D X H) PreSonus ATOM - 7.95" X 7.68" X 0.82" VS AKAI MPD 218 - 9.4" X 7.9" X 1.6"

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by jeffjohnson on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:19 pm
Might send mine back too. I load up SSD5 and the Atom goes into keyboard mode and not drum mode. In S1 with SSD5 loaded you cannot even switch it to drum mode. Tech support says this is how it works in S1.
Hopefully a firmware update can fix this.

UPDATE: Tech support now said the work around for SSD5 is to go to Editor and then select Drum Mode. Works good now. I am able to use all the pads and do my mapping in SSD5.
Going to keep now. :)

Pads don't have the best feel but better than using my weighted keyboard.

Studio One 4.5 Professional
Presonus Studio 192
PreSonus ATOM
Softube Console 1
Windows 10 Professional Intel Xeon 3.00GHz 64bit, 32GB Ram
by jonhamilton2 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:46 am
tomaszszpiner1 wroteHow pads feels like? Can you compare it to other machines pads somehow? Because I know unit is small but I'm still interested in getting it. But thing I care of is a pads feel.

We need more reviews of this unit.

The pads aren't terrible. Definitely not as good as Maschine mk3 or Mpc Live. They are not the quality of a MPD218 which I have here next to it. It's cheap enough I may just keep it for the road n laptop,but I'm pretty let down on the size of this thing. Presonus should definitely consider larger pads,and overall unit.

YMMV it may work well for some.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by PreAl on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Bit the bullet and purchased an Atom just now. I'm hoping to get it to intigrate well with Maschine Studio (use both at once for best of both worlds).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Bbd on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:04 am
I also ordered mine.
I decided I would really learn to use this one because of its great integration with Studio One.
Very excited!
:)

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Jemusic on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:40 pm
Its integration with Studio One is also the main reason I got it. And it will have the highest level or deepest level with Studio One. It is an amazing remote control and a complete companion to either Faderport 2018 or FP8/16. Atom does a lot all on its own in terms of commands to Studio One. There are some really excellent videos on it especially the PreSonus videos.

The pads offer a lot of adjustment. It is a balancing act between the velocity settings, the levels of the samples themselves eg inside something like Impact XT, the settings of how the samples will respond to velocity, the pressure settings if they come into play.

Once everything lines up, the pads are a joy to play. Super fast for instant response plus a wide dynamic range for expression if you want it. You will find a setting that fits perfectly into your playing style and dynamic.

I am getting into playing music in via the pads now too. Bass lines, melodies, chords etc.. This is fun and when the pads are talking to either musical or percussive sounds, they make you play differently and come up with very different ideas at times due to the very nature of them as an instrument.

It is bright or loud and clear as they say!

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by davebeast on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:38 pm
I love it plan on doing some videos on it soon. If you work out of studio one it's a no-brainer due to the fact it works great integrated into The DAW. I give it a 9 out of 10 cause it's lacking a chord mode like Akai and native if they fix that issue its a 10 10 for me. Now if it has a chord mode let me know lol
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:04 pm
I bought it for now my second time. The fixed position for doing loops in Impact is just something I cannot do as easily with the Nektar, miss it too much. Also all the little things it does are missed (like the pre click which I ALWAYS forget :lol: )

Anyways, I know the limitations and I'm willing to live with them. BTW, is there a list of what is new in integration over the versions? Maybe I haven't looked on this site but something like a release notes?

Bye......:roll:

10 posts
Page 1 of 1