4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello Community,
I am a newcomer to the Atom and am overwhelmed by the functionality of the small controller. The integration into Studio One is fantastic and it's a lot of fun to work with.

However, I was expecting a function of the controller that the device does not seem to offer me. Since, as I said, I am a newcomer, I can only rewrite what I mean and hope I can express myself in a comprehensible way.

So I'm now in Studio One to create my patterns in tracks. In the loop, I can listen to them. But i have to do the arranging to a song with the mouse. What I expected or hoped for was that you could assign tracks to the atom, which you can then turn on and off live during the recording.

For example: I press the Pad 1 and the Bassdrum-Loop starts. A clock later, I activate the Hihat-Loop and after that, the Bass. While I turn the Snares on, the Bassdrum can be stopped for one clock… and so on.

Is there such a feature and I haven't found it yet? Is this planned? Or is there another device for something like this?

Thank you for your help.

Greeting
Thomas

Original:
Hallo Community,
ich bin Neuling mit dem Atom und bin vom Funktionsumfang des kleinen Controller überwältigt. Die Integration in Studio One ist fantastisch und es macht viel Spaß, damit zu arbeiten.
Ich hatte aber eine Funktion des Controllers erwartet, die mir das Gerät nicht zu bieten scheint. Da ich wie gesagt Neuling bin, kann ich nur umschreiben, was ich meine und hoffe, ich kann mich verständlich ausdrücken.
Ich erstelle nun also in Studio One meine Patterns in Spuren. Im Loop kann mir diese anhören. Das Arrangieren zu einem Song muss ich dann aber doch mit der Maus machen. Was ich erwartet oder erhofft hatte war, dass man dem Atom Spuren zuweisen kann, die man dann während der Aufnahme live ein und ausschalten kann.
Ich beginne also mit meinem Bassdrum, schalte einen Takt später die Hihats dazu und schließlich den Bass uns so weiter. Auf diese Weise baue ich mir meinen Song auf.
Gibt es eine solche Funktion und ich habe sie noch nicht gefunden? Ist so etwas geplant? Oder gibt es für so etwas ein anderes Gerät?
Danke für eure Hilfe.
Gruß,
Thomas
by edmisik on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 am
I;m certainly not expert on this, but Studio One does not have the capacity to do what you seek...but...If you have a copy of Ableton Live, I believe there is that type of integration with the Atom..I believe it integrates with the LiveSession in Ableton and you can trigger clips the way you want via the Atom Pad
by thomasratzke2 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:39 am
edmisik wroteI;m certainly not expert on this, but Studio One does not have the capacity to do what you seek...but...If you have a copy of Ableton Live, I believe there is that type of integration with the Atom..I believe it integrates with the LiveSession in Ableton and you can trigger clips the way you want via the Atom Pad

Thank you for your reply. I will figure it out!
by edmisik on Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:57 am
thomasratzke2 wrote
edmisik wroteI;m certainly not expert on this, but Studio One does not have the capacity to do what you seek...but...If you have a copy of Ableton Live, I believe there is that type of integration with the Atom..I believe it integrates with the LiveSession in Ableton and you can trigger clips the way you want via the Atom Pad

Thank you for your reply. I will figure it out!

Sure..no worries. In any case, The Atom pad integrates tightly with Studio One and is a quality drum pad so i dont think you can go wrong if you are a studio one user....if you check out the manual for Atom pad I believe it goes into integration with Ableton Live and maybe even what you are wanting to do. g luck

4 posts
Page 1 of 1