25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Have scoured the downloadable manual for the ATOM and worryingly can't find any reference to being able to edit the note that pads trigger. Or to be able to edit any of the pad banks and save custom banks. As I use a specific pad bank setup (Xpress Pads technique), if I can't create custom pad banks, the ATOM's not going to be for me.

I imagine this will also impact those people who want to setup pad banks for specific scales etc...

Would love to find out I'm wrong about this - perhaps Presonus are working on a pad bank editor software?
by andreasrethwisch on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 pm
This also concerns me. Without this feature, my interest drops to zero as some of my software pretty much needs me to be able to do this.
by johnnygeib2 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:51 am
Excuse me for not understanding completely. But are you talking about the touch of the pads themselves or the pads and the sounds they trigger in Impact?

I am going to be doing a video series on the Atom so I want to make sure I understand.

Thanx in advance.

by andreasrethwisch on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:28 pm
Personally I want to know about using the pads outside of impact.
by neilzaza on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 pm
I need to know this exact same thing! I am using Superior Drummer 3 and would like to construct my kits/placement on my Atom. Yes, I can change the MIDI note number in SD, but then if I change a kit it won't play back correctly with the MIDI information recorded. I know there is no editor for Atom, so I wonder how to change the MIDI note that a pad is sending. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Neil
Mac Mini 2018
Raven Dual Core Station
Atom
Presonus S8s
by ratsgym on Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:18 pm
neilzaza wroteI need to know this exact same thing! I am using Superior Drummer 3 and would like to construct my kits/placement on my Atom. Yes, I can change the MIDI note number in SD, but then if I change a kit it won't play back correctly with the MIDI information recorded. I know there is no editor for Atom, so I wonder how to change the MIDI note that a pad is sending. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Have you found out how to use the atom on superior drummer
by Munarheim on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 pm
" being able to edit the note that pads Trigger"
I have the same question. I have read the manual but can't find any Information about how to Change the note the pad will Trigger. Or did I miss something?
For example I want to use the pad outside of Impact and use it with East West Stormdrum. Would be nice to be able to make some own Presets for Atom. Anybody has a solution for that?
by neilzaza on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:32 pm
You can easily use Atom with Superior Drummer (or any other program for that matter), but as I see it now, there is no way to edit the MIDI Notes that come out of the Atom. Bummer...

Neil
Mac Mini 2018
Raven Dual Core Station
Atom
Presonus S8s
by dereksucharda on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:10 pm
I see where this thread has kind of died with no real answers. "The Muzic" has made several good videos and I see where he has expressed interest in this thread, I hope he responds with a link to a video that answers these questions as he has done in the past.

My question is "is it possible to assign certain sounds in a kit to a different pad from that which the default. For example if in one kit the kick is on pad 7 and on another kit the kick is on pad 5 can I set it up where anytime in the future, if I open that kit the kick will always be on pad 1. i want my fingers to have a predictable place to go for the kick, snare, open high hat, closed high hat, etc....

Not sure if this is the same question others are asking or not. Thanks.
by Jemusic on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:53 pm
Create the pad setups you want and save them as user presets. When you load your user presets everything will come back the way you saved them.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by dirkschroeter on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 am
I also miss the function to change the mide note value for the 16 pads in atom. When in "Keyboard Mode" it should be possible to change each pad to a note value that fits to an instrument other than impact XT.
by heinzhupfer on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:04 am
HI:)

In Cakewalk there are Drum Maps where you can assign incomin notes to other notes on different VSTs1

For Studio One the only way to do this is:

The Chorder Note FX plugin can be a drum re-mapper. There's no presets for that use case but it can change the pitch of notes to any other note, if you set it up that way.

Greetz:)
Bassman.
by ionian on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:31 am
This is what I'm trying to figure out and I can't seem to get a straight answer.

I want to change the specific notes the ATOM plays on each pad. According to the manual it says Pad 1 = C, Pad 2 = C#, Pad 3 = D, Pad 4 = D#, etc.

I'm using BFD3. I want to change the notes the ATOM plays, I DON'T want to use a different keymap because it's no good since the midi notes will be different and will slow me down while editing since they're not the standard drum notes (C is Kick, D is snare, F# is closed hat, etc.)

So I want to change pad 1 = C (Kick), Pad 2 = D (Snare), Pad 3 = E (Rimshot), Pad 4 = F (Drag) etc. Is this possible? If not, then I'll pass on the ATOM. I've been using the Maudio trigger finger for this for ages (which does allow you to program what pad plays what note). I was hoping to move to the ATOM just because it's tightly integrated with Studio One, which I use, but if the ATOM is incapable of doing this very basic feature, there's no reason to move on from the trigger finger.

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by ionian on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:48 am
Lol guess that's my answer

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:57 pm
It's frustrating for sure. I don't know how to do it. It does many things well but this seems to not be one them.

Bye......:roll:
by bluesdelux on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:09 pm
If I understand correctly, you can change the midi note assigned to a pad in Impact at least. Select your pad, then go to the upper right hand corner and type in the midi note you want to assign to it.

The Studio One manual has more details beginning on page 288. Page 290 covers the menu in the upper right hand corner.

Outside of Impact using a third party instrument I'm not sure.

A possible work around would be to sample drums sounds from your drum apps and bring them into Impact. I've seen some videos where a drum loop was sampled from within a S1 track, and broken down into individual samples and assigned to the Impact pads.

Hope this helps!

Attachments
Impact Midi.png

Studio One Artist 4.5, 4.6, 4.62 and 5.2
Mac | High Sierra 10.13 and Ventura | Atom | Faderport 2018 | EZDrummer2 | Nektar 25LX+
by Mr. Pilo on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:35 pm
Unless they make an editor for it, it's not possible.. AAAHHHHHH THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!! Some vst's don't have a midi learn function so the only way to get the certain hits lined up with the pads is by changing the notes on the pads but if that can't be done then it's basically useless.... I hope someone can crack the code soon... I just got the atom today ESPECIALLY to be able to use it in this way... Very disappointing :( :cry:
by andreasvenzke on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:14 am
Hello!

I made myself a chorder preset to use my atom with XLN addictive drums. So I have the sounds on the pads I like best for finger drumming. It‘s really easy to do. Now everytime I use addictive drums I load my preset in chorder and that‘s it.

Andreas

Windows 10 64 Bit, Intel i7 4790K, 32 GB RAM, Gigabyte Z97X Mainboard, 250 GB SSD, 2x 500 GB u. 1x 1,5 TB SATA
Focusrite 18i20 2. Gen., Faderport 8, Softube Console 1, Alesis QS7, Avid Elevenrack, Roland HPD-15, Roland BK7m "Tischhupe"
Ibanez SA 760FFM, Yamaha TRBX504
by Guido Negraszus on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 am
Just bought an Nektar Impact LX25+. I was surprised how easy it is to edit the drum pads.I have a lot of Kontakt percussion libraries. Usually they spread a ton of percussion sounds across the keyboard. Over the years I have my favourites, usually just a few out of the whole library.

So, in Impact LX25 I just press "pad learn", press the drum pad I want and then press the key on the keyboard which holds my favourite percussion sound. Done. Took me just 10 minutes or so to do all my favourite percussion sounds on 16 pads.

Is this the issue discussed in this topic? I would love to this with ATOM but can't figure it out.

Studio One 6.2.1 Professional, Win10 x64, i9 9900K @ 3.6Ghz, Presonus Studio 18/24 USB, UAD Apollo Twin X USB, NI S61 MK2, NI Maschine MK3, Faderport, S1 RC
http://www.guidonegraszus.com
by chrissederqvist1 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:12 pm
Is this still an issue?
No editor for changing the notes that gets triggered by Atom?
Wow.

I was two seconds from clicking "confirm order" on the Atom controller, but now I'm letting it wait.

Also, I purchased the "MVP Loops - Core Drum Kits Vol. 1", boasting about being made specifically for Impact XT (And Atom I thought), but inside I find Impact kits mapped all over the place...

So without a way to either:

1. Create a macro or something that goes through all pads and maps them automatically inside S1 (but this limits applications outside the S1 realm)
2. Change the notes being triggered using presets on the Atom controller for different applications

I'm not buying...

Studio One 4 Professional on  MacBook Pro 2017 15"
Software Developer / Hobby Musician
Computers are like bicycles for our mind
- Steve Jobs

25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2