3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi -

I'm very interested in purchasing one of these, but I read a review saying folks who didn't have a UCC file couldn't use it and it sounded like to get it you had to buy other PreSonus products. I'm guessing this is not true, but I don't own any other PreSonus products and just wanted to confirm that the UCC file comes with the Atom Pad before purchasing it.

Thanks in advance for your time!
by Jemusic on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Mac install is the same as for PC. After purchasing ATOM you simply download the free PreSonus Universal Control software. (2.10 currently which also includes a firmware update for ATOM)

UC will detect ATOM and let you know what the current firmware is and if it needs an update (which it will more than likely will) The firmware update is easy and painless.

UC does not have to run from that point on either in order for it to work. You may need to set up ATOM in the External devices section although from memory I think that happened automatically for me.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ruthharrigan on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 am
Thanks - that was very helpful!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1