7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm 90% sold on this product but I need to know If i can lock in scales and play only the keys that are in that particular scale. This would be very helpful for someone who doesn't really play the keys. I know Ableton Push has this feature and would like to know if Presonus Atom also has it.
by Jemusic on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:55 pm
Looking at the Atom manual not as such directly. As we don't have it yet it is hard to tell. But there is a scale setting within the inspector for an instrument track. In this mode the keys are illuminated as such and note pitches are quantised to the scale.

So it depends on how Atom works when in scale mode. The pads may also illuminate the scale as well. We will have to just wait and see I guess. I have one on back pre order so as soon as I have it I will report back on this for sure.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by grimeyneedle on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 pm
japsingh wroteI'm 90% sold on this product but I need to know If i can lock in scales and play only the keys that are in that particular scale. This would be very helpful for someone who doesn't really play the keys. I know Ableton Push has this feature and would like to know if Presonus Atom also has it.
it really doesnt need it since all of that is one drag and drop away :)
by japsingh on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:38 am
grimeyneedle wrote
japsingh wroteI'm 90% sold on this product but I need to know If i can lock in scales and play only the keys that are in that particular scale. This would be very helpful for someone who doesn't really play the keys. I know Ableton Push has this feature and would like to know if Presonus Atom also has it.
it really doesnt need it since all of that is one drag and drop away :)

Hmm how is that?
by mikelongstreth on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:26 am
I just rec'd mine yesterday and so far it does not.
I have scale lock set in the instrument rack but it does not appear to have any affect on the controller.

If there is something I am missing - please let me know!
If not it, please consider adding this in a future patch.
by japsingh on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:22 am
Yes Please! Scale Mode would get me sold and i would buy atleast 3 of them.
by nicemixx on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:58 pm

7 posts
Page 1 of 1