2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am going completely mad trying to make my Faderport work properly on Logic 10.5.1

I have been using the Faderport since a couple of years and always worked great. Since a few weeks and out of the blue it stopped scrolling properly through all channels of my projects. It seems to be skipping through banks of 8 channels although the number of the channels it skips is not always the same and changes if I'm controlling an existing project or a new fresh project.
The controller skips a number of channel and lands to the channels below, then scrolls through a few more and then stops at a certain point (usually not on the last channel of the project). when I scroll back the controller behaves weirdly, sometimes landing at the top of the page, sometimes on a random channel.

I am running Universal Control 3.6 and did the firmware update to v3.44, although the problem was happening already before the firmware update. Tried to reset controller preferences, reinstall the firmware and universal control, reset all the preferences in the Midi Studio, everything without succes.

Tried solving then problem with customer support but didn't get any useful information. They suggest it's a hardware problem and I should send it back to Thomann and get a new one. This is hard to believe for me as I tested it in Ableton Live and it works as it should.

Any help on how I can get my Faderport working again would be highly appreciated.

My system is:
Mac Mini late 2012 with OSX 10.14
Logic Pro X 10.5.1
Universal Control 3.6
Faderport Firmware v3.44

Thanks in advance

E.
by edoardocalgari on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:19 am
Problem solved thanks to the help of some users on Logic Pro Help.

If you have the same problem delete the file "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" in your user preferences (user/library/preferences) then restart logic and reinstall the Faderport from the Control Surfaces panel.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1