42 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
i'm on 4.5 too but the problem is still there 🤷🏻‍♂️

Windows 11 Pro, Asus ProArt B550-CREATOR, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 6600, Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core

http://www.lowpaz.de
by kierancalvert on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:27 pm
I am using 4.6 and Function Keys not retaining their settings after restart.

Faderport 8, firmware 3.10.

Userdata location is on a different drive

OSX 10.13.5

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac15,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
by Annibale Hexe on Mon May 11, 2020 8:44 am
Hi,
Same problem here...
Faderport 8 / V3.4.3
Studio One 4 Pro 4.6.1
Windows 10
by garyshepherd on Mon May 11, 2020 9:44 am
Even after the solutions posted on the previous page?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Annibale Hexe on Mon May 11, 2020 10:25 am
It seemed that the solution were appropriate for faderport 2018. I own a faderport 8 and it's not exactly the same elements in the .surface file. And even if i try it, it doesn't work...
by garyshepherd on Mon May 11, 2020 12:48 pm
Annibale Hexe wroteIt seemed that the solution were appropriate for faderport 2018. I own a faderport 8 and it's not exactly the same elements in the .surface file. And even if i try it, it doesn't work...

But this is the Faderport 2018 forum - and it works on that. Perhaps these posts should be moved to the Faderport 8/16 forum?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Annibale Hexe on Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am
Ah sorry ! I didn't realize it was the Faderport 2018 forum... I'm gonna ask the same question in the Faderport 8 forum. Thanks !
by METALPLATED1 on Wed May 20, 2020 6:35 pm
this should not matter, faderport 2018, faderport 8/16 as far as I'm concerned. The problem is happening across the line. This is basic function 101 here. I don't have 3 years for them to figure this out. We spent solid money on these things, they need to be reliable. Could you imagine buying a $1000 dollar TV that only played odd channels? How about a TV that who's set up button didn't work at all, so no matter what you had to watch everything in 780p, oh and the contrast was stuck on high so everybody looks orange? You would want your money back right? I mean, it still works technically right? Only in audio land are they able to get away with this type of bull. I would also like to point out here that every time I try to launch melodyne editor in studio one one the faderport 8 drops connection and and starts acting funny. So I have to do my edits in melodyne render it and then restart the faderport to re establish communication. Not the end of the world...........but super annoying and a lot extra steps that has a tendency to break my train of thought. That is the point of these units, they are meant to improve workflow not make it more complicated so I think presonus needs to get it together and fix this ASAP! I created a ticket for the issue of the user buttons and the first time around they told me to delete the appdata folder and restart.This did not work and responded to the support ticket about it. They ghosted me and marked my ticket closed. Tried again, told the new guy I'd already been down the appdata road, he asked me to create a new session and tell him of the problem persisted, it did. My final answer was wait for a future update, took him two days to tell me that. Ghosted me again and sent my support ticket to grave yard, I would not consider this matter closed at all.....FIX YOUR GEAR!
by METALPLATED1 on Wed May 20, 2020 8:49 pm
would like to add that it did not take 2 days total, it took two weeks for me to get the wait for an update answer, it was two days after the last communication with the second guy before I got the non answer. They could have just said that upfront, "try these things and if not we are aware of the problem and are working on it" , but no they decided to ghost me,ignore me and then give me the answer they new they were going to give me anyway.
by robreid1 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:51 pm
Not working for me :( everything up to date.
by mqpl on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:09 pm
Ok, you pay another 150 bucks for the upgrade to v5 and you know what? This bug is still here!

PreSonus, are you listening? Do you care about your clients?

Studio One Professional 5.0 | Windows 10 Home (x64)
i7 8700K | Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 | 4x 8GB DDR4
MSi GeForce RTX 2070S | Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB
*** FaderPort 8 ***
by bruceqld on Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:21 am
I had this issue and found a workaround that might work for you. I have 3 versions of Studio One installed for testing purposes. Each one has its own faderport surfacedata file located in it's specific installation folder (in devices). None of these are updated when custom buttons are changed. The file in the master settings folder (appdata-roaming-presonus) is the only one that is updated, and none of the installed versions read it when starting. The solution was to manually copy that version of the 'Presonus Faderport (2018).surfacedata' file to the specific version installation folders.

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by michaelmaechtel on Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:05 pm
Seems to me the problem is still there:

- macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
- Studio 5.1.1.61815
- Universal Control Firmware 3.44

At least for me it does not safe my settings of e.g. F keys for Faderport 16

Any hints how to hack which XML file to get it working?

Thanks
Mike
by zoheirmokeddem on Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:14 pm
Hi guyz , just bought a fader prot and experinecing the same issue , googled it and went here to find out that this is a known thing !! really !!? Nothing new ?

Firmaware : V3.43
Windows 8.1
by Annibale Hexe on Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:40 pm
bruceqld wroteI had this issue and found a workaround that might work for you. I have 3 versions of Studio One installed for testing purposes. Each one has its own faderport surfacedata file located in it's specific installation folder (in devices). None of these are updated when custom buttons are changed. The file in the master settings folder (appdata-roaming-presonus) is the only one that is updated, and none of the installed versions read it when starting. The solution was to manually copy that version of the 'Presonus Faderport (2018).surfacedata' file to the specific version installation folders.

Thank you very much Bruce, it worked for me ! Finally !
by METALPLATED1 on Sat May 29, 2021 4:07 am
I have solved this issue and I am certain it will work for all FaderPorts......look up Hard link and you will find what you need on windows or osx. If you all need a walk through I will post. Again hard link is the actual fix for the problem for the two files to communicate with each other. Your settings will be saved every time you make changes without copy and paste or code editing. So simple it should have happened a over a year ago in a firmware update.
by Trucky on Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:09 pm
I'm not having any issues in saving and retaining function key settings after a restart with my ioStation24c (same config as FaderPort 2018) and FaderPort 16. I'm running the latest v3.44 firmware and Studio One 5.2.1 on Windows 10 21H1.

Settings are saved and updated here:

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by METALPLATED1 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:10 pm
Trucky wroteI'm not having any issues in saving and retaining function key settings after a restart with my ioStation24c (same config as FaderPort 2018) and FaderPort 16. I'm running the latest v3.44 firmware and Studio One 5.2.1 on Windows 10 21H1.

Settings are saved and updated here:

to
I can appreciate that you are not having any issues but there are 10,000 views on this subject and plenty of support tickets at PreSonus that validate the concerns expressed here. The file path you posted has been discussed on the fader port 8 page as well. I have also notified support about this issue.

"This solution does work but it is a pain. Go into a session. Program Faderport in the usual ways, ie set your user key functions, open plugins map them to the Faderport, save session and close. The file that was updated lives in (on windows 10) Local Disk (C:)/ users/ your user account name/ AppData/ Roaming/ PreSonus/ Studio one 5/ Surface Data [1]/ Presonus FaderPort 8, "SURFACEDATA File".

This "Presonus Faderport 8.SURFACEDATA File" must be copied and pasted to.....

Local Disk (C:)/ Program Files/ PreSonus/ Studio One 5/ Devices/ PreSonus/ FaderPort 8+16.

Delete any surfacedata files in this folder "FaderPort 8+16" that have to do with FaderPort 8 only, including the FaderPort 8.Factory file if there is one in there.

Now paste the updated "SURFACEDATA File" you copied from the previous file location to this one."
by METALPLATED1 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:46 pm
The above solution can be achieved through the command line app "mklink" function which will hard link the two file icons and make them both look at the same location on the hard disk. You see the problem is that for some of us the file that gets updated in surfagedata[1] is not the file that Studio one looks at when loading the state of the FaderPort when opening the session, thus none of your changes are being loaded. I posted that command line function at the direction of the support team. You see it has been over a year now that some of us have not had properly functioning units and up until my post the solution was to manually paste the updated file to the correct file path. We had to figure this out on our own because for what ever reason PreSonus was unresponsive to the issue. My previous post here have an edge to them because I was being led around in circles by support and had my tickets closed prematurely, more then once. In stead of being dealt with straight I was lied to and ultimately told to stand by for a firmware update, that has yet to be released. My last correspondence with support I was told that, " I'm not a part of the Dev team so I cant comment to that degree really ".
" I can however advise you throw this information in our Answers section on our website so that we can see it as a company ".

as you can see more or less, Thats not my department was the answer. Support is not the function of support now........ :D You see his answer was to go ahead and post whatever to the lost and found bulletin board and maybe somebody will see it and.....maybe not. The head of Q&A jumped in and actually seemed interested in the issue and I was most great full that he did as it seemed that he understood what I was talking about and what the issue actually was. The ticket is still open and I am willing to work with Mr Alex if he needs me to do so.

So I can again appreciate that your system is working fine but for some of us this had not been the case for a long time. You can read the posts for your self and the support ticket records will show that indeed this issue has been at least on the support desk for over a year.

I am not a Troll guys, just a Presonus fan that wants his gear to work right. Love Studio One and I recommend it all
the time, along with the hardware line in general.
by garyshepherd on Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:29 am
For Mac users the solution is posted on the previous page of this thread - the file is saved in the wrong place so you can move it to the correct place which is in the package contents.

42 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3