4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am using FaderPort 2018 with Studio One v3 (with the installed extension). When I first set up the FadePort, the motorize fader would move to 0 db at the time (I think) I opened a new song. I also recall the Shift key and scroll keys changing colors when pressed. As of late, the fader doesn't move to 0 db regularly, except on a couple of occasions, and the keys don't change color.

I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining that they worked this way before. Anyone experience the same thing or have an idea what may be going on?

Thanks!

Regards,

Bruce Gale
by matthewgorman on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:09 pm
In the past, many of the fader problems were due to not using the power supply. Not sure if that is the case with the current gen, but maybe worth a look.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by brucegale on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:47 pm
Thanks. I am using the provided power supply.

Regards,

Bruce Gale
by matthewgorman on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:31 pm
These are guesses on my part. Somewhat educated, but since I dont have one I am kind of going by what other devices do.

As far as the fader going to zero. I think the v2 fp is similar to the v1 fp, in that you can hit the master/main button and have the fp locked to the main out in s1. When starting a new song, it is locked there by default, and you need to unselect master to navigate other channels. When you save an exisiting song, the faderport will be locked to the same channel it was locked to on close. The fader will read the volume of whatever channel its on, and move the fader to that position. That may explain the erratic behavior you describe.

Buttons changing colors. I am guessing that like other Presonus controllers, the buttons will match the channel color in the daw? Is it possible that some of your channels does not hve a color selected? The color box at the bottom of the s1 channel fader 8s black, then no color was selected.

If neither of these helps, I would open a support ticket.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1