33 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
i'm on 4.5 too but the problem is still there 🤷🏻‍♂️

Windows 10, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz, 14-Core, 32GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, UAD Apollo Twin MK II, Uad Nevana-128

http://www.lowpaz.de
by kierancalvert on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:27 pm
I am using 4.6 and Function Keys not retaining their settings after restart.

Faderport 8, firmware 3.10.

Userdata location is on a different drive

OSX 10.13.5

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac15,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
by Annibale Hexe on Mon May 11, 2020 8:44 am
Hi,
Same problem here...
Faderport 8 / V3.4.3
Studio One 4 Pro 4.6.1
Windows 10
by garyshepherd on Mon May 11, 2020 9:44 am
Even after the solutions posted on the previous page?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Mojave OS 10.14.6, 64 bit, Studio One 5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Digital Performer 10, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 1.93, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Alesis Q49, Audient iD14, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Annibale Hexe on Mon May 11, 2020 10:25 am
It seemed that the solution were appropriate for faderport 2018. I own a faderport 8 and it's not exactly the same elements in the .surface file. And even if i try it, it doesn't work...
by garyshepherd on Mon May 11, 2020 12:48 pm
Annibale Hexe wroteIt seemed that the solution were appropriate for faderport 2018. I own a faderport 8 and it's not exactly the same elements in the .surface file. And even if i try it, it doesn't work...

But this is the Faderport 2018 forum - and it works on that. Perhaps these posts should be moved to the Faderport 8/16 forum?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Mojave OS 10.14.6, 64 bit, Studio One 5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Digital Performer 10, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 1.93, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Alesis Q49, Audient iD14, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Annibale Hexe on Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am
Ah sorry ! I didn't realize it was the Faderport 2018 forum... I'm gonna ask the same question in the Faderport 8 forum. Thanks !
by METALPLATED1 on Wed May 20, 2020 6:35 pm
this should not matter, faderport 2018, faderport 8/16 as far as I'm concerned. The problem is happening across the line. This is basic function 101 here. I don't have 3 years for them to figure this out. We spent solid money on these things, they need to be reliable. Could you imagine buying a $1000 dollar TV that only played odd channels? How about a TV that who's set up button didn't work at all, so no matter what you had to watch everything in 780p, oh and the contrast was stuck on high so everybody looks orange? You would want your money back right? I mean, it still works technically right? Only in audio land are they able to get away with this type of bull. I would also like to point out here that every time I try to launch melodyne editor in studio one one the faderport 8 drops connection and and starts acting funny. So I have to do my edits in melodyne render it and then restart the faderport to re establish communication. Not the end of the world...........but super annoying and a lot extra steps that has a tendency to break my train of thought. That is the point of these units, they are meant to improve workflow not make it more complicated so I think presonus needs to get it together and fix this ASAP! I created a ticket for the issue of the user buttons and the first time around they told me to delete the appdata folder and restart.This did not work and responded to the support ticket about it. They ghosted me and marked my ticket closed. Tried again, told the new guy I'd already been down the appdata road, he asked me to create a new session and tell him of the problem persisted, it did. My final answer was wait for a future update, took him two days to tell me that. Ghosted me again and sent my support ticket to grave yard, I would not consider this matter closed at all.....FIX YOUR GEAR!
by METALPLATED1 on Wed May 20, 2020 8:49 pm
would like to add that it did not take 2 days total, it took two weeks for me to get the wait for an update answer, it was two days after the last communication with the second guy before I got the non answer. They could have just said that upfront, "try these things and if not we are aware of the problem and are working on it" , but no they decided to ghost me,ignore me and then give me the answer they new they were going to give me anyway.
by robreid1 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:51 pm
Not working for me :( everything up to date.
by mqpl on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:09 pm
Ok, you pay another 150 bucks for the upgrade to v5 and you know what? This bug is still here!

PreSonus, are you listening? Do you care about your clients?

Studio One Professional 5.0 | Windows 10 Home (x64)
i7 8700K | Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 | 4x 8GB DDR4
MSi GeForce RTX 2070S | Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB
*** FaderPort 8 ***
by bruceqld on Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:21 am
I had this issue and found a workaround that might work for you. I have 3 versions of Studio One installed for testing purposes. Each one has its own faderport surfacedata file located in it's specific installation folder (in devices). None of these are updated when custom buttons are changed. The file in the master settings folder (appdata-roaming-presonus) is the only one that is updated, and none of the installed versions read it when starting. The solution was to manually copy that version of the 'Presonus Faderport (2018).surfacedata' file to the specific version installation folders.

Studio One 4 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by michaelmaechtel on Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:05 pm
Seems to me the problem is still there:

- macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
- Studio 5.1.1.61815
- Universal Control Firmware 3.44

At least for me it does not safe my settings of e.g. F keys for Faderport 16

Any hints how to hack which XML file to get it working?

Thanks
Mike

33 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2