Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Can you please help with the following issues, which I am encountering, many thanks.

My interface is Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt™ 2

It is a discontinued model.
https://www.presonus.com/en/interfaces/ ... l?rdl=true

It runs on Logic Pro X with my MacBook Pro 2021 with M1 Pro Chip and Sonoma OS.
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,1
Model Number: MK1F3ZE/A
Chip: Apple M1 Pro
Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 10151.41.12
OS Loader Version: 10151.41.12
Serial Number (system): X06FDQP6CY
Hardware UUID: 027F9A66-E122-5833-97DA-5A35C52B8046
Provisioning UDID: 00006000-001239523CD8801E
Activation Lock Status: Enabled

I want to expand it via ADAT with an Evo 16 (USB 3) interface in order to have 16 physical channels to record.

ISSUE 1:

The DAW sees the two interfaces, but won’t accept audio from the both devices, although both interfaces should be synced via optical cables.

I tried aggregating them via the Audio Midi Setup and again - Logic only records from one device.

Do you think the Quantum 26x32 support Sonoma OS? Are there updated drivers for it?

ISSUE 2:
The Presonus Universal Control Software constantly wants me to Update Firmware and when I do, it wants me to do it again and again. I even uninstalled and re-installed Universal Control. And it again wants me to update firmware again and again. Does the Universal Control support Sonoma OS? Because it behaves absolutely inadequately by wanting me to update firmware all the time?

ISSUE 3:
From Presonus support say that the Quantum can only be expanded withe another Presonus device. I find this highly unlikely. Do you find it credible? Otherwise what would be the purpose of ADAT , World Clock etc, which are universal protocols.

ISSUE 4:
I may decide to ditch the Quantum 26x32 and buy two identical Quantums 2626. But that model was released in year 2020, so four years from now.
Does the Quantum 2626 support Sonoma OS?
And will it become discontinued and thus problematic soon too?

ISSUE 5 (although may not be strictly Presonus related, but could be topical)
The Evolution software installs and won’t open.

So what would be the solution to the above issues, please? Could it be that the Sonoma is messing things up?

Which unit can the 26x32 be expanded with in your opinion?

And what would be the solution to having 16 physical channels without going through that headache?

Thanks a lot!
by ianaeillo on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:15 pm
yavoryavor wrote
It runs on Logic ISSUE 1:

The DAW sees the two interfaces, but won’t accept audio from the both devices, although both interfaces should be synced via optical cables.

I tried aggregating them via the Audio Midi Setup and again - Logic only records from one device.

You can either aggregate or you can expand via ADAT. You can’t do both at the same time. Assuming the other interface has a standby mode, hook it up via ADAT only and unplug the USB3 connection.
Do you think the Quantum 26x32 support Sonoma OS? Are there updated drivers for it?

Yes. I have used the Quantum in Sonoma

ISSUE 2:
The Presonus Universal Control Software constantly wants me to Update Firmware and when I do, it wants me to do it again and again. I even uninstalled and re-installed Universal Control. And it again wants me to update firmware again and again. Does the Universal Control support Sonoma OS? Because it behaves absolutely inadequately by wanting me to update firmware all the time?

UC is, uh, sometimes pesky like that.

ISSUE 3:
From Presonus support say that the Quantum can only be expanded withe another Presonus device. I find this highly unlikely. Do you find it credible? Otherwise what would be the purpose of ADAT , World Clock etc, which are universal protocols.

I use a Ferrofish A32 and an Audient ASP880 with my random Quantums and they work fine. They’re talking about expansion via Aggregate devices, not expansion via ADAT or SPDIf.

On that note, I have gotten the Quantums to aggregate nicely with Motu gear but they do not play well with Focusrite gear.

ISSUE 4:
I may decide to ditch the Quantum 26x32 and buy two identical Quantums 2626. But that model was released in year 2020, so four years from now.
Does the Quantum 2626 support Sonoma OS?
And will it become discontinued and thus problematic soon too?

It will be fine, I bet. The quantum 2 (22x24) was discontinued a long long time ago and there’s still drivers for it.

ISSUE 5 (although may not be strictly Presonus related, but could be topical)
The Evolution software installs and won’t open.

I’d bet the evolution drivers and the quantum drivers do not play well together.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10

2 posts
Page 1 of 1