Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello
Just Purchased a quantum 2632 last week and trying to connect to iMac Mojave with thunderbolt (1) port. I triple checked all the spec requirements before I purchased. I get Nothing but red light after universal control download with a quick blue light flash at first. The quantum thunderbolt 2 doesn’t show in my preferences/sounds. I’m using an old thunderbolt cable I had with my old resident audio t4. Do I need another thunderbolt cable? I’ve done everything to reinstalling drivers 3 times now. Is the thunderbolt (1) port not compatibility with quantum thunderbolt 2?
Thanks for any answers.
Tony
by tonymoser on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:55 am
Was on the phone with tech at sweetwater for an hour this morning trying everything to tget the quantum 2632 to connect. It shows up in the thunderbolt port but UC doesn’t detect it. The tech said something is blocking the UC drivers. He tried a force install and everything. He’s contacting presonus as I’m waiting for a resolve.
by tonymoser on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:32 am
Alright, I guess I’m answering my own question. Last night I randomly dowloaded and older version of UC, December 2021. Works perfect with Mojave, so far.

Still waiting to hear from tech.

I figure I may try to find the latest (from 2021 to present) UC drivers that are compatible with Mojave. Possibly update to Catalina.
by ianaeillo on Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:06 pm
Sooooo

Got two 2632s and a Quantum 2 hooked up to my Mac. I boot to three different operating systems (don’t ask, it’s dumb and it’ll soon be over.)

-When I boot in Catalina with the newest driver, everything works fine.
-When I boot in Mojave, the last driver before UC 4 is the only one that works.
-When I boot in High Sierra, the driver from January, 2022 is the last one that works.

Never investigated, but that’s what I roll with.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by tonymoser on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:12 pm
Unlike ianaeillo I can not get last driver before 4 to work on Mojave. But i tried the 2nd one before 4 (January 2022) and it works great so far. I’m still curious to hear from tech and see why the newest UC driver doesn’t work in Mojave even though presonus specs say it does. I will be updating to Catalina soon.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1