Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Passing this along in case other users run into the same problem. A few days ago my Quantum 2626 suddenly stopped working. My computer (ASUS laptop) wouldn't connect to it and I had the dreaded steady red light for synchronization.

I contacted Presonus support and they ran me through the usual list of scripts to no avail. Kept having me uninstall and reinstall Universal Control even though it never worked. I asked them if it might be a Thunderbolt problem since Windows 10 just did a major update a few days before the connection was broken but they seemed to ignore that suggestion.

Late last night I started poking around and came across this Intel website. I downloaded the new Thunderbolt driver and wouldn't you know, my Quantum 2626 came back to life! Working like a charm now.

So if you're having an issue where your Quantum suddenly won't connect and doesn't show up in UC, try this download.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 11ebv.html?
by TerjeNorway on Sat May 13, 2023 7:53 am
Anyone know if I can update my thunderbolt 1.41.890.0 driver for an Gigabyte Z490 VISION D with native thunderbolt with this new driver:https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19402/intel-thunderbolt-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-for-intel-nuc-11-compute-elements-nuc11eb-nuc11ebv.html

When I run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant it does not find any new thunderbolt drivers. The 1.41.890.0 thunderbolt driver is the newest on the Gigabyte support site.
I have had some strange green screen of death lately so I was wondering if it is the old thunderbolt driver.

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10
by TerjeNorway on Mon May 22, 2023 3:07 am
thanks updating to the latest thunderbolt driver seems to have fixed the blue screen BSoD for me

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10

3 posts
Page 1 of 1