Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
I have run aggregate devices for a while. Usually I do it for different feature sets. Antelope Orion + Quantum was my most recent. Issues are always expected - latency being one of them - and unpredictable playback problems as the DAW tries to figure out and push audio through two different driver interfaces. Recently I picked up a used Quantum 2 because I needed 16 more ADAT channels.

With the Orion in use somewhere else, I now run a Quantum, Quantum 2, DP88, all slaved to a Ferrofish Pulse 16 and it is incredible. The clock on the pulse is fantastic and the Quantums are rock solid slaved to it. Even at high sample rates, it is ridiculously smooth, fast and reliable. Clocked to the Pulse, it's like a blanket has been taken off my monitors. No latency issues whatsoever. I'm really, really in love with this Quantum line.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10

1 post
Page 1 of 1