Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello! I'm hoping to get some help with a setup I'm trying to nail down. I need to be able to have 5 mics output to an amp/speakers that can be heard in a room and at the same time have a PC connected that can output through the amp and also take the 5 mics as input. (video conferencing).

I have a Quantum 2626, Crown XLi 800 and some JBL speakers. My issue is I can't get all 5 mics to output to the speakers.

I have mics plugged into inputs 1-5 in the front. If I plug in the amp to the preamp 1-2 outputs I can get those two mics to output on the speakers. But 3-5 do not. I also don't get any output from the main outputs or headphone outputs.

I've gone through the manual a few times and can't make heads or tails of the different outputs/inputs. It seems like I should be getting all audio through the main outputs but nothing happens.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:05 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

The Quantum is 'just' an interface, i.e. it sends all its input signals to the computer and expects the computer to send output signals back to the interface's outputs. So you need an application on your computer to do the mixing of inputs to outputs for you.

What are you planning to use for that? Studio One can do it, as can most video conferencing apps. So if that's what you're using then the manual for your VC app would be be the first place to look for setting things up.
by peterhernandez1 on Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:53 am
SwitchBack wroteHi and welcome to this forum :)

The Quantum is 'just' an interface, i.e. it sends all its input signals to the computer and expects the computer to send output signals back to the interface's outputs. So you need an application on your computer to do the mixing of inputs to outputs for you.

What are you planning to use for that? Studio One can do it, as can most video conferencing apps. So if that's what you're using then the manual for your VC app would be be the first place to look for setting things up.

I see, thank you for that info! I was able to download Studio One and activate the included license with my device. So I'm learning and messing with that. One additional question if you don't mind. Are you ware of any other hardware unit I could purchase from either presonus or something else to control the 2626 and try to achieve what I'm doing?

Unfortunately, I am using Zoom/Webex so they do not support multiple audio inputs. I would need either a software solution that can run on the PC or a hardware solution that I can mount in the rack.

Thanks again for your help.
by SwitchBack on Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:38 pm
Brilliantly fast they are, but there's no mixing capability inside the 2626 so there's also very little to control there. What few controls Universal Control presents you with is all there is.

So see what you can achieve with S1 alongside your VC app. And others might chime in with ideas too :)

4 posts
Page 1 of 1