Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
FYI to everyone out there, who like me, wanted to smack the designers over the head with the 2626.

There are two factors at play here. First, the version 4 driver causes a major conflict in Windows and shuts it down. The solution is go to the driver download page and select the "view all versions" link on the lower left. Select the version one previous and use it. Works just fine.

Secondly, despite the Thunderbolt utility seeing the device, Universal Control would not recognize it. Certain anti virus programs will conflict with not only the Quantum driver, but Studio One as well. I deleted my anti virus and then the whole thing just worked.

Presonus should suspend the version 4 driver until the issue has been solved, and should also put SOMEWHERE in the documentation for both Studio One and Quantum that certain antivirus programs conflict, then list the problematic ones.

Frustrating process but when I finally got through to tech support they were great.
by guyolsson on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:49 pm
There is a caveat to my post above. The only way this unit detects in the control interface is if the unit is powered on and then you re-boot the computer. Simply turning it on does nothing. Will advise if a solution is found.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1