Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

I bought a used Presonus Quantum 4848 to work with Reaper. I have done all of the downloading of UC and drivers. The problem is when I go to setup in Repaer it cause my computer to Freeze and I have restart windows. I have Window 10 Custom built computer

I am wondering what might be causing this and is there a solution and/fix to this problem

Thanks

Brent
by benackerman1 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:45 pm
Which driver are you using? If you're using the latest (v4.0.0.90879), try installing the previous driver (v3.6.4.87069). V4 drivers have been causing some problems for Quantum users on Windows; they cause a driver verifier dma error BSOD for me whenever something tries to actually make sound. The v3 drivers behave themselves.
by pbakhaeo on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:02 pm
benackerman1 wroteWhich driver are you using? If you're using the latest (v4.0.0.90879), try installing the previous driver (v3.6.4.87069). V4 drivers have been causing some problems for Quantum users on Windows; they cause a driver verifier dma error BSOD for me whenever something tries to actually make sound. The v3 drivers behave themselves.

Hi

Thanks is there a way for me to get that previous version because the website only has V4.
by benackerman1 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:00 pm
On the driver page, you should find a link that says "Show / Hide all versions of software downloads for Windows 10 64-bit".
by pbakhaeo on Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:03 pm
benackerman1 wroteOn the driver page, you should find a link that says "Show / Hide all versions of software downloads for Windows 10 64-bit".

OK I will check for it later
by pbakhaeo on Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:05 pm
ok Now have Quantum 4848 along with 26x32 for headphones and 2 Digimax DP88's running on ADAT now this what I am showing on my UC

by ericw2045 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:11 pm
benackerman1 wroteWhich driver are you using? If you're using the latest (v4.0.0.90879), try installing the previous driver (v3.6.4.87069). V4 drivers have been causing some problems for Quantum users on Windows; they cause a driver verifier dma error BSOD for me whenever something tries to actually make sound. The v3 drivers behave themselves.

Thanks for this! Quantum 2 worked but not either of my 4848s. Crashed/Locked up. Just did a complete new build with Thunderbolt 3 on MB because of Intel killing T4 back compatibility to T2. So it was a real bummer. This did the trick though. Thanks again.
by pbakhaeo on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:15 pm
ericw2045 wrote

Thanks for this! Quantum 2 worked but not either of my 4848s. Crashed/Locked up. Just did a complete new build with Thunderbolt 3 on MB because of Intel killing T4 back compatibility to T2. So it was a real bummer. This did the trick though. Thanks again.

Yes it did. Yeah I am going to be doing upgrade here in the not to distance feature once computers parts prices drop some.
by benackerman1 on Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:12 am
ericw2045 wroteThanks for this! Quantum 2 worked but not either of my 4848s. Crashed/Locked up. Just did a complete new build with Thunderbolt 3 on MB because of Intel killing T4 back compatibility to T2. So it was a real bummer. This did the trick though. Thanks again.

Happy to help. I am rather dismayed to learn about the TB4 situation. My assumption was if one had a TB3-TB2 adapter that was working on TB3, it would also work on TB4. I was rather hoping to put an AMD system together running on that very assumption. It seems in recent times words like "standard" and "universal" are being used as if they were pie-in-the-sky aspirations, rather than having any descriptive value.
by ericw2045 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:47 pm
benackerman1 wrote
ericw2045 wroteThanks for this! Quantum 2 worked but not either of my 4848s. Crashed/Locked up. Just did a complete new build with Thunderbolt 3 on MB because of Intel killing T4 back compatibility to T2. So it was a real bummer. This did the trick though. Thanks again.

Happy to help. I am rather dismayed to learn about the TB4 situation. My assumption was if one had a TB3-TB2 adapter that was working on TB3, it would also work on TB4. I was rather hoping to put an AMD system together running on that very assumption. It seems in recent times words like "standard" and "universal" are being used as if they were pie-in-the-sky aspirations, rather than having any descriptive value.

Yeah I hear you. Confirmed with Presonus ahead of time that the 4848's would work with the intel build I did in March last year. Also before building - I confirmed with Asus that the TB4 would work with the TB3-TB2 adapter on the specific board and TB4 card I used.(Rog Strix Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4+ThunderboltEX4 card.)
Worked great at first but got more and more squirrely with windows updates then went altogether. Gave up the struggle with the TB4 news and did the AMD build(Ryzen 5900/Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P with TB3 on MB) always liked AMD better. Definately stunk for a minute when the Q4848s crashed continually. Rolling back Quantum driver is working great thus far. Hopefully it keeps working with the older driver. Be nice if Presonus would put out a new driver that works with the 4848s. Not holding my breath since they've been discontinued. They discontinued them right when I bought my 2nd one.
by pbakhaeo on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:52 pm
ericw2045 wrote
benackerman1 wrote

Yeah I hear you. Confirmed with Presonus ahead of time that the 4848's would work with the intel build I did in March last year. Also before building - I confirmed with Asus that the TB4 would work with the TB3-TB2 adapter on the specific board and TB4 card I used.(Rog Strix Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4+ThunderboltEX4 card.)
Worked great at first but got more and more squirrely with windows updates then went altogether. Gave up the struggle with the TB4 news and did the AMD build(Ryzen 5900/Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P with TB3 on MB) always liked AMD better. Definately stunk for a minute when the Q4848s crashed continually. Rolling back Quantum driver is working great thus far. Hopefully it keeps working with the older driver. Be nice if Presonus would put out a new driver that works with the 4848s. Not holding my breath since they've been discontinued. They discontinued them right when I bought my 2nd one.

Asus has been having trouble for as long as I remember I watch the YouTube tech guys like LInus Tech Tips, Jayztwocents, Paul's Hardware and Justin Roybe and they all said it's pretty much hit and miss with Asus. MSI and ASRock have been great for me so far. Gigabyte is also hit a miss and I can't comment on EVGA because I've never try them and they don't have any motherboards with Thunderbolt on them like the other 4.

Here is link with Intel Motherboards that have Thunberbolt that support Intel 13th Gen and DDR 5 Memory if decided to give Intel another try https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007627 ... ageSize=96
by benackerman1 on Wed May 03, 2023 10:23 am
ericw2045 wroteRolling back Quantum driver is working great thus far. Hopefully it keeps working with the older driver. Be nice if Presonus would put out a new driver that works with the 4848s. Not holding my breath since they've been discontinued. They discontinued them right when I bought my 2nd one.

They have actually released a newer driver (Universal Control v4.1.0.93124) that has been working pretty solidly for me. You might give it a try.
by ericw2045 on Wed May 03, 2023 8:39 pm
benackerman1 wrote
ericw2045 wroteRolling back Quantum driver is working great thus far. Hopefully it keeps working with the older driver. Be nice if Presonus would put out a new driver that works with the 4848s. Not holding my breath since they've been discontinued. They discontinued them right when I bought my 2nd one.

They have actually released a newer driver (Universal Control v4.1.0.93124) that has been working pretty solidly for me. You might give it a try.

Thanks for the update. Working like a champ with that newest v4 driver. Quantum 2 daisy chained with 2 Q4848s.

13 posts
Page 1 of 1