Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all. I have recently completed a new DAW PC build. The audio interfaces (PreSonus Quantum 2626) are Thunderbolt 3 devices. Here's my system build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER (1.0) running latest BIOS (ver F8)
Connectivity: PCIe Maple Ridge Thunderbolt 4 AIC (connected to PCIe 3 slot, all TB and USB header connection connected properly) enabled in BIOS, PMemory set to 256
CPU: Intel i7-1200K
RAM: Corsair 2x32 GB (64 GB) part number CMK64GX5M2B5200C40 (connected to best slots for dual channel based on Gigabyte's manual)
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060ti (NVidia - connected to x16 PCIe slot)
PSU: Corsair SF7500

The audio interfaces are connected directly to their own TB4 ports on the Maple Ridge TB4 card via Startech TB3 40 Gbps 6.5 ft cables (brand new). I have tried one at a time, same issue. The interfaces are currently both connected and clocked using 75 Ohm BNC cable and set accordingly in UC.

The devices are detected and can be seen by both Intel Thunderbolt Control Center and by PreSonus Universal Control when connected after boot/rebooting however, when the audio interfaces are powered off/on via their power button, Universal Control does not see the devices, but Intel Thunderbolt Control Center sees them. I can fix this via reboot with the interfaces powered on, not great, but I can live with that for now. The UC settings are rest every reboot, including the option for 'enable optimized PreSonus power settings for Thunderbolt streaming.'

The bigger issue is that StudioOne 6 can't see the Quantum 2626, even though UC can. I just installed S1 6 3 days ago, fresh install, no prior version was installed.

I have tried: disabling all Windows security settings, created new local admin account and user profile, clean uninstall/reinstall of UC. All latest firmware, drivers, and Windows updates installed.

I keep seeing a ghosted 2626 under Device Manager > Sound devices, I delete it and it comes back, not sure if this is related to the issue or not. I have sent support everything I have including .nfo files, S1 logs, screen prints, videos, etc. and I'm stuck still. I'm hoping there are some Thunderbolt/Windows 11 SMEs here that can really dive deep on this one to help understand what is happening and advise how to fix.

If you solve this, I will buy you a beverage of your choice or send you a $20 gift card.

Thanks in advance!

Connectivity: PCIe Maple Ridge Thunderbolt 4 AIC (connected to PCIe 3 slot, all TB and USB header connection connected properly) enabled in BIOS, PMemory set to 256
RAM: Corsair 2x32 GB (64 GB) part number CMK64GX5M2B5200C40 (connected to best slots for dual channel based on Gigabyte's manual)
Quantum 2626
by bartbalint on Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:48 am
I am not at my computer, but I remember some issue that I needed to set. In settings I had to allow Win to see/use my microphone. With this off, win couldn’t use my Quantum2 which is hooked up thru Thun.3. When I allowed it, everything worked as expected.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by dancord on Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:59 am
bartbalint wroteI am not at my computer, but I remember some issue that I needed to set. In settings I had to allow Win to see/use my microphone. With this off, win couldn’t use my Quantum2 which is hooked up thru Thun.3. When I allowed it, everything worked as expected.

Thank you for this. I will research this and if you can recall the specific setting please LMK.

Quantum 2626
by bartbalint on Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:01 pm
Windows changes this all the time. Currently on Win11, I go into Settings, then in 'Find a setting' I type in Microphone. Then go into Microphone privacy settings.

I then turn on 'Microphone access' to On.
and Let apps access your microphone. Turn to On
I also turned on "let desktop apps access your mic'

I am not sure if this is your exact situation, cause I think I first ran across it in WIn 10 a few years ago.
Hopefully that helps. Cheers!

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by dancord on Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:48 am
Thanks for the tip. I checked and StudioOne has access to the mic already.

Attachments
Untitled.png

Quantum 2626
by dancord on Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:52 am
Well, I've removed all traces of UC from the system, deleted the 2626 from Device Manager, uninstalled the service using PowerShell, deleted all program files and app data, removed any traces from the registry (used F3 to search multiple times and confirmed I got all entries removed), rebooted, removed onboard audio device drivers (NVidia and Realtek), rebooted. Reinstalled UC and it can see the 2626 just fine, as well as Thunderbolt Control Center and Device Manager. No conflicts listed in MSInfo32.I previously installed Audacity and was just now able to record using a PreSonus M7 phantom powered condenser mic in Audacity. Studio One 6 still cannot see the 2626. I uninstalled S1, rebooted, reinstalled, and received a messaged about Norton being installed and unable to configure the firewall. Early today I painstakingly removed all traces of Norton from the system files and registry, so I have no clue where/how S1 installer is still seeing it. Could this be the issue? How can this be resolved? I have all built-in Windows security disable ATM.

Quantum 2626
by marcelodaluz on Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:55 pm
What a journey... I am researching to buy the presonus quantum 2626 to my PC, Didi you get finally solve the problem? Appreciate your thoughts.
by TerjeNorway on Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:48 am
Easiest thing to do is just to download another DAW (Ableton free trail edition for example) just to see if the same thing happens there. If it works in the new DAW you know it's a StudioOne 6 problem and not a Quantum 2626/Universal/thunderbolt problem.

If it works in the new DAW StudioOne 6 is probably flagged by antivirus or firewall. I only use Windows Defender.

In the BIOS: Enable Boot Once in the thunderbolt setting . And change the settings to No Security in thunderbolt settings.

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10

8 posts
Page 1 of 1