Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I got my quantum today and was testing it out and was having some issues.

I’m connecting the quantum 2626 to a new MacBook Pro M1 pro via an apple thunderbolt 3 cable. The cable is a known good cable from my HDX system.

When the interface is powered up and connected to the laptop with the TB3 cable an electrical feedback/static noise is coming from the Quantum’s outputs and headphone jacks. If I plug the power supply into the laptop the noise stops. Noise is similar to a cellphone next to a speaker.

I tried plugging the quantum directly into a power outlet and also tried it on different power outlets with different power conditioners (furman) with no change.

Quantum is up to date with the firmware.

Only thing that solves the noise issue is plugging the laptop in to the charger.

Is it an issue with the quantum?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
by adamrossetti on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:11 am
I'm having the same issue. M1 Macbook Air. The noise only goes away when my laptop is charging, and it's definitely an issue with the Quantum 2626.

I've never had this happen with my Apollo x4, which is also a thunderbolt 3 interface, so I know it's not a thunderbolt quirk...

Did you manage to find a solution? I was really hoping to not have to use the only other port (thanks Apple) for charging, as both the Quantum 2626, and Apollo x4, provide enough power via thunderbolt to keep my Macbook Air from losing charge.
by MarkusHassold on Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:38 am
Has any of you opened a support-ticket for this issue?
I did not have it, because I'm running my interface on a Mac-Mini, but there might come the day when I want to use it live. So I'm interested as well.

MacBookPro 16" M1-Max 32 GB RAM 24C-grafics 1TB, using a 32" Samsung 4K display with Presonus Quantum 2626
MacOS 14 Sonoma (always latest version)
External harddiscs Samsung T7 or Sandisc Extreme USB-C or WD-Black 3.5" - 7200 rpm on USB 3.0 (connected via OWC-TB-4-dock)

Presonus Studio One Pro 6.X (latest version);
Celemony Melodyne Studio 5; Softube Console1 MK II (always latest versions)
PreSonus Faderport 8, PreSonus Atom, Atom SQ
by PreAl on Tue May 16, 2023 11:30 am
Did anybody manage to resolve this?
If so how?
Thx.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by patricebrousseau on Fri May 19, 2023 8:32 pm
Looks a laptop has more chance to be affected by this. No problem on my big tower!
by PreAl on Sat May 20, 2023 3:17 am
patricebrousseau wroteLooks a laptop has more chance to be affected by this. No problem on my big tower!

I've just got a 2626 and have this issue.
It's an i9 tower.
So I'm not alright Jack.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by TerjeNorway on Sat May 20, 2023 4:09 am
Sound like ground loop to me. Two goods way to get rid of it:
Ground loop isolator
phpBB [video]

or a
IFI GND DEFENDER (expensive)
https://ifi-audio.com/products/gnd-defender/

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10
by patricebrousseau on Sat May 20, 2023 8:27 am
When I had a wireless Logitech mouse on my computer, I needed to use a line isolator (Radial StageBug 6) beteween the 2626 and my home studio amps. Now that I have a wired mouse, no more gremlin noises initiated by mouse movements and display windows closing/opening/moving!

Do you have some wireless devices near the computer?
by PreAl on Sat May 20, 2023 12:31 pm
Gone through everything. Dimmer switches, ferrites, wireless, bios settings, turbo settings, unplugging everything. I think it's the 1079 graphics card that's emitting a load of RF ans/or the railway track not far away. It happens when speakers are plugged into the audio interface with NOTHING, else plugged in! (Not even power or Thunderbolt). Unplug them speaker cables, it's silent.

by patricebrousseau on Sat May 20, 2023 4:08 pm
PreAl wroteGone through everything. Dimmer switches, ferrites, wireless, bios settings, turbo settings, unplugging everything. I think it's the 1079 graphics card that's emitting a load of RF ans/or the railway track not far away. It happens when speakers are plugged into the audio interface with NOTHING, else plugged in! (Not even power or Thunderbolt). Unplug them speaker cables, it's silent.

Bummer! Good luck with the Behringer Silencer. I am really satisfied with my (three) Radial Stage Bugs SB-6's. Pricey but kills ground loops and noise in my complicated setup (a lot of tube amps, two audio interfaces, pedalboard, etc...).
by TerjeNorway on Sun May 21, 2023 3:09 am
PreAl wroteGone through everything. Dimmer switches, ferrites, wireless, bios settings, turbo settings, unplugging everything. I think it's the 1079 graphics card that's emitting a load of RF ans/or the railway track not far away. It happens when speakers are plugged into the audio interface with NOTHING, else plugged in! (Not even power or Thunderbolt). Unplug them speaker cables, it's silent.

Also probably happens if you use aux cable from pc out straight into speaker (not connected to the Quantum at all). It actually has nothing to do with your audio interface. It is between pc and speaker. Maybe the best solution for you is a PYLE-PRO Compact Mini Hum Eliminator Box if you use two XLR cables from Quantum to each speaker/monitor (only cost $30):
https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Mini-Hum ... s_li_ss_tl

So from main out of the Quantum into box and then into each speaker/monitor. This box does not need power.

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10
by PreAl on Sun May 21, 2023 10:34 am
I ordered a Behringer HD400 Ultra Compact 2 Channel Hum Suppressor five days ago and it arrived 30 mins ago.
It works - hurrah! Wish I bought this ages ago.
What I don't understand it why this sort of circuity isn't included within audio interface boxes by default. Costs I guess, but seriously, if you paid an extra $10 to $20 to make the output cleaner on a highish end interface, you would wouldn't you?

12 posts
Page 1 of 1