Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Greetings,

I have just purchased a Quantum 2632. I have an ASrock z390 itx/ac with a half speed Thunderbolt 3 port. My computer guy is pretty sure that will work as the speeds, 20Gb will match. I'll use the Startech adapter.

I haven't had any reason to use Thunderbolt before now. ASRock's implementation of Thunderbolt 3 on my motherboard is not the best. If I can't get this working correctly, I'll have to upgrade the system. If I go to Z690, it will be Thunderbolt 4, which I understand doesn't like 2.

So the inevitable question...has anyone come up against this, and is there a way to use the 2632 with a Z690 chipset? Startech states their adapter will not function on a Thunderbolt 4 machine.

EDIT
I know this begs the question, "why not get the 2626?" That's fair. I prefer the feature set in 2632, even though it uses Thunderbolt 2. And if I can get it to talk to my machine...Great.

I do have one further question. Would a monitor controller, such as the Presonus Monitor Station V2 fill some of the missing functionality in the 2626? If so, the combined cost of the two items would be comparable to the 2632. I'd then be happy to go that route.

Thanks,
Graham

1 post
Page 1 of 1