Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Currently I have an Audient id44 (20in/24out) - That i have expanded using a Audient ASP880 via Word Clock and ADAT -- so currently I have 12in/4 out which leaves me with 8 open inputs and 20 open outputs on the Audient.

I have a Quantum 2626 that up until this point has basically been unused (it was an upgrade to an old firestudio that I got via their update program when the firestudio was discountinued).

I'm curious if I can use the Quantum 2626 via optical/ADAT (I have an open optical in and out on my Audient) -- that would give me the remaining 12in -- and I would like to use the Quantums Line outs for several pieces of outboard gear that I have via my patchbay via optical.

I'm assuming that I would have to still use the UC software to be able to set the Quantum as slave, and then I would be good to go? Will the interface retain that info after a restart? Reason I ask is because i'm out of thunderbolt ports on my Mac and I don't want to have to plug it in, change a setting, unplug it (rinse and repeat every time I restart).

I just don't want to spend $100+ on BNC cables and Optical cables and then not have a working option.

Thanks in advance!
by ianaeillo on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:53 am
Nope. The Quantums don’t work in standalone mode. You’ll have to set it up as an aggregate device, if you’re using a Mac. If you’re using windows I’m not sure what to do.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by kevindeleon on Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:48 am
ianaeillo wroteNope. The Quantums don’t work in standalone mode. You’ll have to set it up as an aggregate device, if you’re using a Mac. If you’re using windows I’m not sure what to do.

Well that sucks, but thanks for saving me the cash. I reckon I'll just sell the Quantum and get something else.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1