Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was able to initially get the Quantum 2626 installed on my machine and it worked fine for about a month or so. But I began to have issues with the connection and finally it just stopped working all together.

Audio Interface: Quantum 2626
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690-P WIFI D4
Thunderbolt Expansion Card: Thunderbolt EX4

I had a support ticket opened with Presonus as well as the team who built my machine trying to determine if it was a motherboard issue, a presonus issue, or the expansion card issue and we seem to be locked into a stalemate in determining which is at fault and I just don't know what to do. Maybe crowdsourcing from the community may uncover something I haven't thought of.

It was initially suggested to make sure all drivers and firmwares are up to date on everything, and to uninstall and re-install Universal control, and make sure all thunderbolt bios settings are turned on.

What Was Done

For the Motherboard, I reinstalled the following...
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Compo ... Desk_BIOS/

- BIOS
- Firmware
- Chipset
- Audio
- Software & Utility

For the Thunderbolt EX4 expansion card. I replaced the card and cables entirely and I reinstalled the following...

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Compo ... _Download/

- Thunderbolt
- Driver Package
- Firmware

After doing all this, I turned on all thunderbolt settings I could find in the bios as they were reset to being off.

Current Status
I can see that the quantum 2626 appears as detected in the thunderbolt control center windows app, but it says it's "not connected" and there's no option "approve" it anywhere. There is one warning that that Pcie tunneling is disabled and some devices may not work without this. It's not clear to me if this is something that the Quantum needs. However I have that setting enabled in my bios. I'm wondering if there's more settings I am missing somewhere in the bios?

The quantum will not appear in Universal Control at all after multiple uninstalls and reinstalls and currently has a red light when trying to connect.

We also tried creating a new user in windows and just installing universal control and the same issue persists

Proof Problems

It was suggested I try to install the quantum on another machine to see if it's an issue with the quantum or the machine, but I have no other machines with thunderbolt.

It was also suggested I try to hook up some other thunderbolt device to the machine to see if the thunderbolt connection in general is working, but I have no other thunderbolt devices.

I'm not sure what to do, since thunderbolt is so new there's not a lot of stuff that works with it.

I feel like I'm at a stalemate. What should the next course of action be? Presonus says I should talk to ASUS, but the company that built my computer that the warranty is currently under says that since the card is working in the device manager without errors, and we've already replaced the card, it's likely more of a presonus issue.

Is there some cheap thunderbolt device I could buy to test the connection? Buy another quantum and try to test it and then return it?
by nicklasandersson on Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:31 am
Hello,

I have similar problems.

What is your status, any solution?

Best regards
Nicklas
by radar23 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:44 am
Hi,

Similar drama here also.

My quantum 2 was working fine with a Asus ex3 tb3 card using the usual Apple tb3 to tb2 adapter.

Last week after the Windows 10 z390 gigabyte i9-9900k pc woke up from sleep the TB control software stopped detecting any thunderbolt devices.. I also gave a TB to firewire adapter that I use just to have a registered device connected.

I uninstaller drivers, tried other drivers, removed the pci3 card, reset the Bios, installed the card.. drivers etc over and over.

Today I replaced the Asus TB card with a second hand gigabyte Alpine Ridge card and reinstalled the latest Intel TB drivers and universal control and thunderbolt software detects the Quantum

is my Asus card faulty, perhaps
Does my gigabyte motherboard prefer a a gigabyte TB card.. proably

is the whole thunderbolt driver and hardware space a confusing mess, definitely.

I would suggest trying to use a restore point to wind back time to when the TB worked..

I would suggest uninstalling the driver and software. shutting down removing the TB card, resting the bios, rebooting to windows.. shutting down.. rebooting again.

Then consider putting the card back in and setting the bios and rebooting and installing the drivers and cross your fingers..

I'm had to spend $80 on a used card. and got lucky there was someone locally who just happened to be selling one.. as the TB cards are not stocked in my country Australia

good luck.. TB has always been fical.. I can't imagine any professional studios using windows and thunderbolt for their sessions..

_.~"~._.~"~._.~"~._.~"~._
Studio One 5 Pro
Quantum, Quantum 2, Didimax FS, FirePro, Firestudio Project, Firestudio Mobile, Art Tubeopto, DBX 386, Maschine 3, Hydrasynth, Analog Heat, Zed 14, Motu MTP AV, Keystep, Beatstep Pro, RD-8, Monomachine, machinedrum, Octatrack, Analog Four, Minilogue XD, Korg Arp, uWave XT, Virus C, Poly Evolver, Mono Poly, MKS-70, Mks-80, Pulse Plus, Blofeld, BassStation 2, ESQ-1. Korg Legacy, Arturia V, NI Ultimate 10, ImpOSCar2, BFD3, DCAM, Largo, Waves Gold.
Acer 7VN-593G, Win10 Pro
by nicklasandersson on Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:29 pm
Hello,

Thanks for sharing!

I found the fault for my setup.

For some reason there was a change in the settings in Universal control program.

Clock source was not longer set to Internal, if I remember correct it was changed to SPDIF.

I changed it back to Internal, and then everything worked.

The only thing left to solve is that when power is shut of on the quantum, or if the computer going to power save mode, then the connection/sync is gone.

Only a restart of the computer gives it back.

Otherwise this interface is great, good sound and low latency.

/Nicklas

4 posts
Page 1 of 1