Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
I'm currently setting up our new Live Rig. To check if the correct signals are coming from the correct outputs, I connected the outputs one after another with another USB Interface on my main PC.
I noticed that on LineOut 1, there is sporadic static noise and crackles. Obviously I checked cables first, swapping them etc, but it stays on only LineOut 1.
This even occurs when there is no sequencer connected, i.e. the Box blinking blue *and* it happens when the computer is shut down (LED red), it's even worse then. Totally weird, and I can't use it that way, since LineOuts go to FOH ;)
Any Ideas? I attach an image of the noise (obviously normalized for better visibility)
To be clear, I did the same with all other outputs, nothing there, totally silent
Edit: after reading the thread below, I also tried different samplerates/buffersizes and the "optimized energy settings" thing in UC options to no help
Edit2: While I was sure, that LineOut2 has no such problems, I just rechecked, and it's the same. So it seems to affect the Main Out. In the beginning it was even worse, see 2nd attachment, then it reverted to slight crack and sizzles, and after 30secs it went back to that huge noise. Note that the 2nd attachment is *not* normalized
Edit3: I found a workaround. It's still not logical, but when I instead of LineOut 1/2 use the MainOuts (which are a mirror of 1/2, or better vice versa), the noise is gone. Not a very elegant solution, since I could accidentically change the volume of those channels with the main volume knob, but I think I can live with it

Attachments
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG

1 post
Page 1 of 1