Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
So with my old 16.4.2 mixer I just set my DAW channel input to 17+18 and it recorded anything played on desktop i.e. Spotify, YT whatever.

Now the Quantum doesn't play ball like this...so I tried Loopback APP....and whilst it seems to direct the audio to the Quantum , no audio received in S1.

Im now down to using Audio Hijack to get any desktop audio into S1 .

Anyone got a better solution?

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by patricebrousseau on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:13 pm
Your could use Existential Audio Blackhole for loopback: https://existential.audio/blackhole/

It’s free BTW. Also puzzled that Rogue Amoeba Loopback wasn’t working?

You have to make an aggregate device if I remember correctly (not sure, used it once last year with another AI to record YouTube output in Reaper). Then, all desktop sound routed through Blackhole but S1 to Quantum. Set audio input to Blackhole and you are set.
by timmorris on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:12 pm
The problem seems to be that S1 is looking for an ipout signal from the the Qauntum, ad the only way it can get that is from a physical input connection, no matter what I do I can't get S1 to see audio routed from anywhere other than the Quantum interface.

SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by patricebrousseau on Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:21 pm
Weird! I succeeded with Blackhole and a Scarlett 2i2 but never tried with my Quantum 2626. Did you tried if it works with Reaper just to exclude that it could be a bug on the Quantum side?

Reaper is free to try for 30 days.
by timmorris on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 pm
I dont have reaper and the honest I dont really want it loaded on my system just for a trial.

I can use Audio Hijack then save the file and load it into S1 , but I liked the flexibility of recording desktop audio direct and fast, I suspect its because the Quantum isn't a mixer as such.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1