Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Searching for help, as Presonus support have not found a fix for my issue yet.

My brand new Quantum 26x32 is missing in Universal Control.
Summary: Software is allowed in Mac OS security settings as described by Presonus. The Quantum shows up in Mac OS system information / Thunderbolt devices, but not listed under Audio devices.

Any help will be highly appreciated 🙂

I have a MacBook Pro (Intel) and connected the Quantum using a TB3 to TB2 adapter (Apple part number MMEL2ZM/A) and a 2 meter TB2 cable (Apple part number MD861ZM/A). Both are new and original Apple products.

The MacBook is only 3 days old, and has no other software installed than the Mac OS itself.

After turning on the Quantum, the blue TB icon on the front flashed blue. After a while it stopped and is now never lit at all. The on/off button was from then steady red (not blinking).

After installing Universal Controller 3.4.2.63992, I allowed / unblocked the software in the Mac OS security settings like described, then rebooted.
The on/off button on the Quantum still is red, and it does not show up in the Universal Controller. After that I have tested UC 3.5.0.64605 as well.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and double checked that the "Allow" button no longer is present in the Mac OS security settings.
On first install, my OS was Big Sur 11.1 (I believe, maybe 11.0). Then I upgraded to 11.3 to see if that fixed it. When not, I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled again without luck. I have tried different TB ports on both the MAC and on the Quantum, as well as turned both the Quantum and Mac on / off multiple times.

Also tested with SIP disabled and firewall disabled.

In System information / Disabled software as well as Extensions, there are no entries.

OS/HW: Big Sur 11.3. MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
In the Mac system information Thunderbolt overview, I can see the Quantum. But still, Universal Controller does not find it.

From system report:

Thunderbolt Bus 0:
Vendor Name: Apple Inc.
Device Name: MacBook Pro
UID: 0x4A374C4D07000970
Route String: 0
Firmware Version: 85.0
Domain UUID: 146FCE29-C95B-B450-9B03-E1FD9C865A06
Port:
Link Status: 0x2
Speed: Up to 20Gb/s x1
Current Link Width: 0x2
Receptacle: 2
Cable Firmware Version: 1.0.16
Cable Serial Number: C4M046500BRF798AR
Link Controller Firmware Version: 1.38.0
Port:
Link Status: 0x7
Speed: Up to 40Gb/s x1
Current Link Width: 0x1
Receptacle: 1
Link Controller Firmware Version: 1.38.0
Quantum:
Vendor Name: PreSonus Audio Electronics
Device Name: Quantum
Mode: Thunderbolt 2
Device ID: 0x101
Vendor ID: 0x3C
Device Revision: 0x1
UID: 0x003C100201009340
Route String: 1
Firmware Version: 25.2
Port (Upstream):
Link Status: 0x2
Current Link Width: 0x2
Cable Firmware Version: 1.0.16
Cable Serial Number: C4M046500BRF798AR
Link Controller Firmware Version: 0.14.0
Port:
Link Status: 0x7
Current Link Width: 0x1
Link Controller Firmware Version: 0.14.0
by patrickbryant1 on Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 am
I have the same problem -- macOS version 10.15.7. I have not used the 26x32 for awhile, so I don't know the exact numerical OS version I was running last time I used it successfully, but it would have been Catalina. Plugged it in last night to record a band and it's a brick :-(

Eager for any information about this!
by SwitchBack on Mon May 10, 2021 9:40 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Thomas, from the info you provided I gather that you use all the correct connectors and followed all the steps PreSonus prescribes for hooking up the Quantum interfaces, and still no success. Patrick, did you do the same?

Anyway, I suggest that both of you contact PreSonus by phone and/or submit a service ticket. They should be able to fix this for you.
by thomasengesland on Fri May 14, 2021 1:11 am
Thanks for your input! I got to try another Quantum, and it worked right away. Also tried the non-working one on another macbook without success. My conclusion is that it is defect on arrival, and are now returning it.
by patrickbryant1 on Fri May 14, 2021 8:19 am
I'm glad you found a solution! I'm selfishly disappointed though, since my Quantum had been working fine. But I'm going to try buying a new, longer thunderbolt cable in hopes that it's a dodgy connector. :crossed_fingers:

5 posts
Page 1 of 1