Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I'm a new Quantum 2626 owner and was wondering if there is a way to route my PS4's audio through my Quantum 2626 via their respective Optical In/Out.

This is obviously not why I purchased the Quantum, so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work because it will still be a great interface that I bought to make music with - not play video games through. However, if it is possible - it'd be great to integrate it and cut out some unneeded hardware.

If you know that this is not possible, but have a good compromise, I'd be interested to hear any suggested workarounds. Right now, I have my PS4 going into a small DAC that feeds into my powered monitors. That DAC has some considerable noise though - so if anyone has further suggestions, I'm an open book!

A couple notes:

1. Not looking to use this if you have to have a DAW open for it to work at all times.
2. Don't burn me, I'm not an expert.
by steveswanson on Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:25 pm
I’m trying to do the same thing! I’ve been using the PS4 optical out converted/routed to RCA connectors (S/PDIF) on the Quantum 2626. That works great. There are lots of optical S/PDIF to RCA outs converters available. I’m not sure if connecting the optical PS4 out directly to the optical in on the 2626 works. The 2626 has to have an ADAT signal. The PS4 out has several options that I have not tried. I’m going to plug it in and give it a go. I use the PS4 to play Rockband with the drums turned off. I have a Roland TD50 kit all running through Studio One. This is by far the best practice setup I’ve experienced.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1