Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anyone seen this before? I installed Universal Control on a completely fresh Catalina install. Universal Control was the first application I installed, funny enough. It asks me to update Quantum 2 firmware (it was previously working fine on my computer with Mac Mojave) and I click OK. I go through the firmware process, unplug it completely for 30 seconds, plug it back in and turn it on. Now it doesn't show in my Sound preferences in macOS. It shows in Universal Control, but when I click the icon to see its meters it gives me a notification saying the "Quantum is unresponsive."

I filed a support ticket but figured someone else may have seen this before. Thoughts?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:27 pm
Not sure why, but it started working after I downgraded to 1.1-14, then back to the newest, and rebooted. So it was either a macOS security issue (likely choice, but they usually don't take multiple reboots to get working) or something in the install process for the earlier version needed to be present for the newer one to work.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by 60s Pop Man on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:39 pm
UC 3.3.x was working on a Catalina volume which is now on an external drive and no longer used here.
UC was uninstalled and the latest version, 3.4.2 was installed, and computer restarted. Result?
- Quantum 2626 does not appear in the macOS Audio MIDI Setup utility
- The 2626 does appear in UC but the LED on the 2626 is flashing blue

Edited 3/28/21
I down have a Mojave backup so I comment on rollback then update as a solution.

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by robertgray3 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:07 am
First, remember you have to update firmware, then unplug the TB and power cables, then wait 10 seconds, then plug back in. When I didn't do this, UC didn't recognize my Quantum either. It's a little bit of a nuisance for those of us who put our equipment with rack ears in racks :mrgreen:

My main issue involved the Quantum being recognized but not responding to any attempts to use it.

You can download the old versions of Universal Control (and thus the old versions of the firmware) here

https://www.presonus.com/products/UC-Surface/downloads

just click "Show all versions"

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by 60s Pop Man on Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:06 am
Thanks for the handy link to the previous versions of UC.

Regarding firmware, it was updated for the 2626 with UC 3.4.2. on March 23. I don't have 2626/UC issues with Big Sur on Intel or an M1 Mini.

I was seeing if I could replicate your initial concern on Catalina.

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by davedunbar3 on Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:56 pm
Hi. I had the same problem with my Quantum on a brand new Mac Studio. I had enabled the reduced security in recovery mode after installing soundsource by rogue eomeba. I was getting the same unresponsive message in UC. And what fixed it for me was unchecking the options in security policy in recovery mode. After restart my Quantum was back up and running. I don't know if you have been messing with the security policy or recovery mode but that worked for me. Hope this helps.

I am on Ventura and installed UC 4.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1