Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello!
Recently purchased Quantum 2626 and loving it, but want to clarify something.

So I'm getting 4.5 ms Round Trip Latency in Studio One at 48kHz and 64 samples, which is fine, but most people I see getting around 3.3 ms at same settings, am I doing something wrong, or is it because my system is built on AMD Ryzen 3600? (with Gigabyte B550 Vision D motherboard)
Do Intel chips happen to give less latency?
Here are screenshots with numbers:

Any replies would be appreciated, thank you!
by yansytin on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:04 am
I run tests in the Oblique Audio RTL Utility, and seems like Studio One adds additional 1.4ms on top of interface for dropout protection?
I can activate "low latency" mode while in 32 or 16 samples, which displays "correct" number, but not at 64 samples
Seems like AMD chip not at fault at all (latency even slightly better than expected)
Here are the test results:

by mihaibonta1 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:46 am
Hey brother, I was trying to find anybody that has the same motherboard like me (b550 vision d - Ryzen 3900x) and a presonus quantum 2626 or 4848. I'm sorry for the question that is not on this topic.

Do you have any issues with this interface? like suddenly the sound is gone and you have to restart the computer or power off and on the interface?

I have Clarett 8pre and 8preX thunderbolt, and I tried different adapters and drivers and so on and my issue is that after some time the sound dissapears and the hardware is not found. and I have to restart the computer sometimes 2 times to make it work... I think the problem are with the drivers.

Do you have any issues with Presonus Quantum 2626?

Thank you!
by TerjeNorway on Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:07 am
mihaibonta1 wrote
I have Clarett 8pre and 8preX thunderbolt, and I tried different adapters and drivers and so on and my issue is that after some time the sound dissapears and the hardware is not found. and I have to restart the computer sometimes 2 times to make it work... I think the problem are with the drivers.

It can of course be the Clarett driver, but it can also be other things like:
- Turn off thunderbolt security in bios to No security
- Use the right thunderbolt adapter:
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
- Don't use a thunderbolt 2 cable that is longer than maximum 2 meters. If you need longer cable you have to use a active thunderbolt cable.

Also Intel is a much safer choice overall if you gonna use thunderbolt audio interfaces on Windows. If you gonna build a new system either Intel or AMD go to this forum thread for advise:
https://gearspace.com/board/music-compu ... d-488.html

But be aware of AMD fanboys that will sugarcoat their system just to "sell" you their system.

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10

4 posts
Page 1 of 1