Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there, I bought a Quantum 4848 back in July and it worked perfectly until December 2019.

Then it started disconnecting intermittently approximately every 15-20 mins, sometimes 5 mins.

I have an i9, 64 GB Ram PC running Win 10 & a Gigabyte Z390 designare MB.
Apple TB3-TB2 adapter, Startech cable.
Latest Pro Tools ( Quantum also disconnects with just a clean install of Windows and essential drivers)

Have logged ticket with Support and after a week or two of thorough testing they couldn’t figure it out and want me to send the unit back to my distributor for repair.
I spoke to the distributor (Gear4Music) and they won’t send me a replacement. I run a busy production studio and can’t really be without the device for the 40-60 days they have quoted for repair so just posting here to see if anyone has had the same problem.

Thanks in advance
by bartbalint on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm
I am starting to have some intermittent issues with the Quantum2 where every 10-15 minutes I am getting hissing through all the inputs at the same time for about 4 seconds. Then stops.

Just wondering how your issue turned out. I think I probably will need to look at sending the Q2 back.

Cheers!

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by ForumAdmin on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:44 pm
If you're on a PC, make sure you've updated the firmware for your Thunderbolt software. Microsoft recently released updates for Windows 10, 1903 and 1909 about Dec 2019 that have been wreaking havoc on 3rd party device drivers.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your Thunderbolt support device drivers found on your motherboard website for the Z390 Designaire MB:
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard ... hunderbolt

Also try a different Thunderbolt cable, we have seen these go bad. Especially ones not made by Apple. We use the Startech cables ourselves in the lab, yet when in doubt, try another cable.

If you're running a Gigabyte Motherboard and you're running a Titan Ridge Add-In Card, we've been seeing problems with these cards. It looks as though on the Z390 Designaire MB, the ports are on the rear I/O panel. For anyone else that's using the Add-In Card, you'll want to reseat the card.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by bartbalint on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 am
AlexTinsley wroteIf you're on a PC, make sure you've updated the firmware for your Thunderbolt software. Microsoft recently released updates for Windows 10, 1903 and 1909 about Dec 2019 that have been wreaking havoc on 3rd party device drivers.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your Thunderbolt support device drivers found on your motherboard website for the Z390 Designaire MB:
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard ... hunderbolt

Also try a different Thunderbolt cable, we have seen these go bad. Especially ones not made by Apple. We use the Startech cables ourselves in the lab, yet when in doubt, try another cable.

If you're running a Gigabyte Motherboard and you're running a Titan Ridge Add-In Card, we've been seeing problems with these cards. It looks as though on the Z390 Designaire MB, the ports are on the rear I/O panel. For anyone else that's using the Add-In Card, you'll want to reseat the card.

Thanks. I will make sure the drivers are up to date. Disconnecting hardware, it seems the Focusrite scarlet 18i20 I have using ADAT to patch into the Quantum might be causing some of this. When I turn off the 18i20, the intermittent hissing appears to stop. I had been using the 18i20 for its internal Wordclock. I will do a few further tests with some new cables as well.
Cheers

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by PAE Seth on Fri May 22, 2020 2:28 pm
Use Word Clock over BNC for best clocking

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower

5 posts
Page 1 of 1