Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

First of all I am very much a newbie, so I apologize in advance if my question is stupid. I'm simply trying to record either a mono track or stereo track on Audacity (and later in Cubase). Let's start with audacity. I'd like to use the two mic inputs on the front of the quantum Thunderbolt 2 but when I do, no matter what settings I use in Audacity I cannot get any audio input. Is there a setting on the physical box or in the Universal Control software I need to change to create mic inputs? Or would all settings be done within the application, Audacity in this case?

When I bought the Quantum I was told it was totally intuitive...apparently not in my case! :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike
by bartbalint on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:39 am
I am on Win10, so a mac May be different. I assume Universal Control sees your Quantum and lists it as a device. Check to see if UC or Quantum have any updates.

I am not familiar with Audacity, but in most Daws you have to set up your audio interface inputs/outputs so they can interact with the daw. You will need to look at the Audacity manual to see how this is done. In Studio One I think you go into ‘studio setup’ then add the mono/stereo inputs you would want. With my Quantum I setup 4 mono inputs and 2 stereo inputs, so I could use either, all, or just one.
Then you will need to create an audio tract , either mono or stereo, and set the inputs to the corresponding audio inputs you just created in ‘studio setup.’
Then hook up your mic,instrument, and see if it needs +48 v which you can set in UC interface or on the unit. At that point you can use the Quantum to set levels or the UC interface.

So a few steps more than you were told, but very doable once you see what each daw needs

Definitely the manual for audacity/Cubase will help setting up the audio input/output will help

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)

2 posts
Page 1 of 1