Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Some background:

I have lots of devices that output digital audio and they are all clocked to a Black Lion Word Clock generator. My Quantum interfaces are clocked to this generator too.

Questions:

1. Does the SPDIF input have SRC (Sample rate conversion) on the Quantum or Quantum 2? I have an external device - Roland Integra - that cannot clock to other sources. I'm curious if I can free up some analog inputs by using SPDIF. I want to keep my Quantum clocked to WC from my BLA clock.

2. If a Quantum is being clocked to an external word clock, can the BNC Word Clock Output on the Quantum be used for Word Clock Distribution? As in, is it an exact copy of whats being received on the Word Clock input?

The Presonus page on parallel distribution recommends using T-BNC connectors to daisy chain multiple inputs and states that most devices outputs are not used for distribution when they are slaved. But the Quantum manual shows connecting 3 Quantums by chaining the slave's WC output to the next slave's input and setting them all to clock to word clock. So I'm curious if the Quantum has been designed to be able to do this.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm
Some answers from Presonus tech support:

1. It does not offer SRC so if an external device cannot act as a slave, it cannot be used like one.

2. It can distribute word clock via ADAT, SPDIF, BNC outs while simultaneously syncing to an external source.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

2 posts
Page 1 of 1