Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
I recently purchased the Quantum 2 interface along with an ASUS UX550VE Zenbook Pro with 1TB SSD, 16G ram and Windows 10 Pro. After finally getting the Startech T2->T3 thunderbolt adapter and updating all relevant software I got the interface working with the Reaper DAW. The one issue I still have is I get occasional ticks and pops coming thru on playback of projects that have not been rendered. The resources being used seem minimal but still get these artifacts on playback or overdubs. I have tried all the usual steps in changing the buffer size etc. However it was my belief that this system would be able to record, play and overdub at low latency settings with a fairly large track count and possibly some VST effects added. In my case I am talking about only 6 to 8 trks, incl a reverb trk and some amp sims. Setting the buffer at 64 I still get some ticks and pops occasionally. At 1024 much less so to none but will have some latency to deal with in real time monitoring. To me this does not seem what I have read others getting. Not sure where to go from here and not aware of any way to test to see if the Quantum 2 is meeting any specs etc to see if the unit is operating normally. Even though the unit came with Studio 4 Artist version not to interested in changing DAW apps. Besides the Artist version does not allow VST 2-3 plugins without buying the Rewire software ($79). Anyone have any suggestions?

1 post
Page 1 of 1