Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
So this is annoying. I can get connection via Thunderbolt if I turn off the quantum. Unplug the thunderbolt cable from either the PC or quantum. Turn on the quantum. And it connects. It should be connecting at Windows startup.

Z370 AsRock GAMING itx. Mobo

Startech thunderbolt connector
Apple adapter

Windows 10. Latest build.

Would have been nice if presonus just made this unit with TB3. And add a usb-C connection as well. Would have been nice.

Any fixes for this issue I have?
by Skip Jones on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:29 am
Reviewed the MOBO. It must be TB enabled on the motherboard and I didn't see that.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by zzfdvz on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:57 pm
Have you contacted support? I was just about to buy this mobo for a new build. Glad I saw this post.

Overall, it sounds like it could be a firmware issue with the quantum. Though, seems like most windows users are using it successfully.
by dallon426 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:07 pm
I connected just fine with the UAD arrow and the Motu 828x. It's not the Mobo. It's something with Presonus
by ferdinanddemarezoyens on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 pm
I have similar issues with an Asus mobo plus Asus Thunderbolt 3 expansion card.

I haven't figured out the exact order when it does work and when it doesn't. Once I've got a TB-handshake, the unit works fine. The blue led is on. When I restart Windows10 the blue light starts flashing, waiting for Windows to come up again. It will then promptly re-connect. If I shut down Windows manually however, the led doesn't blink. The indicator on the on-off button turns red. When i start windows again, it remains red and it doesn't connect to the Windows session.

I have to either disconnect the power cable or the TB-cable for the unit to connect again. Not a huge problem, but annoying nevertheless. This seems like something that could be fixed in the firmware. Just pressing the on-off button should rescan for available connections, but it doesn't.

I did read on the Universal Audio website that for Windows they don't recommend an Apple TB3 --> TB2 adapter which we both have, so that could also play a role. To me it does feel more like a firmware issue though.

UPDATE - according to this thread the Apple adapter may actually be the problem. viewtopic.php?f=359&t=27780

5 posts
Page 1 of 1