Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey Guys,

until recently I used my dear Fireface UFX and its internal dsp monitoring in recordingsituations. Last week I finally got a Quantum 2 in the hopes that I can use a fair amount of the UFXs I/O AND the low latency/native DAW monitoring that the ultra low latency of the Quantum provides. In Studio One the workflow is pretty straight forward as there is a obvious workflow for low latency monitoring. My problem is that I´m working in ProTools HDX equipped studios more and more and I´d like to have all freedom to use my hole setup in ProTools (Native) as well. As I´m a very medioker ProTools operator up till now I´d love to hear if you guys have any suggestions on a workflow in ProTools (Native) that uses the low latency of my Quantum 2 as good as possible.

Greets
by rickyrodriguez2 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:00 pm
In pro tools hd (native) you do have a low latency mode.

With the Quantum you just set the buffer settings in PT low to take advantage of the low latency the interface can run. Every computer system is different.

I know an a few year old Mac book pro i5 I was able to get about a sub 3 ms of latency.

Good luck

RR

2 posts
Page 1 of 1