Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

What are the plugins limitations when using all the new low latency monitoring with the quantum?

In other words, can we now put any plugins we want in the monitoring chain (within reason - I understand we can't have 10 plugins in a row on one channel and expect no latency), or are there some limitations in order to have low latency?

Thanks!
by jpettit on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 pm
Please read the handbook in FAQ 3ms

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by h_razack on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 pm
Ah yes, thank you, I found it:

Can I use all my plug-ins in the low-latency software monitoring path?

No. You need to keep in mind that different plug-ins have different latencies . Only plug-ins that add less than 3ms latency to the audio path can be used in the software low-latency monitoring signal chain. Plug-ins with higher latency are no longer audible on the monitoring path. In addition, Pipeline effects, analyzer-type plug-ins and FX Chains which incorporate Splitters are excluded as well. In addition, Pipeline effects, analyzer-type plug-ins and FX Chains which incorporate Splitters are excluded as well.

Also keep in mind that due to their CPU load, some CPU-hungry plug-ins may cause CPU spikes when used at the lowest available buffer setting.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1