Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am thinking about getting a windows compatible thunderbolt interface. Hard to decide between the M... 8..s and the Quantum. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. One thing that is important for me: Using the audio interface also as standard windows audio device. How will that work with the Quantum? Are all outputs WDM devices of their own or is there only one that is routed to all outputs including headphones? Thanks in advance.

by jpettit on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 pm
Yes, all the outputs are available to be used for Windows as an output.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by danam2 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 am
Ok, thanks. But your answer isn't that clear. When you wrote "as an output", did you mean "as individuals output" (I guess so) or did you mean "as one single output"?

by jpettit on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:03 am
danam2 wroteOk, thanks. But your answer isn't that clear. When you wrote "as an output", did you mean "as individuals output" (I guess so) or did you mean "as one single output"?

Because your question is not that clear.

All outputs are available.
It depends on what you are using as an app on Windows to determine if one or many can be used.
Default player = 1 set it to the main.

S1 yes but why would you do that as the lowest latency you will get through windows is 10 ms.?

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by danam2 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 pm
Ah ok, now it is clear! Thank you. Every output of the quantum is a single wdm output. Not all interfaces do that. And I surely will not use those wdm drivers with a DAW. Those wdm drivers are only for usual windows stuff like youtube etc.

by h_razack on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 pm
Hi there,

Just to double check: this means that I wouldn't need to have a DAW opened to get sounds from the Quantum, is that right? i.e I could use it as a regular Windows soundcard for things like YouTube, listening to MP3s, etc... am I understanding correctly?

Hubert.
by jpettit on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:21 am
yep

by h_razack on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:09 am
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

8 posts
Page 1 of 1