Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Solution: Changed settings in the BIOS. Can post what I did if someone might be interested. From Sweatwater I purchased the creation station 450, which was advertised as having Thunderbolt optional. I purchased the quantium with The Asus ThunderboltEX 3 PCIe card and the Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter. Motherboard is an Asus Z270-A.
After consulting with Sweatwater tech support they said they didn't know if this would work. Because Thunderbolt is not native (integrated into) the motherboard. They wanted to consult with Presonus.
Presonus Knowledge base said as much that thunerbolt needs to be native to the mother board.
Sweatwater has yet to get back to me.
I think it's unprofessional that Sweatwater would sell me the entire package without the knowledge that this would not work.
Anyone else experience this, or have a magic thunderbolt that would work for me.
thanks Randy
Last edited by RochesterDude on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 10
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 Intel i7
32 gig memory
Studio One 4
Thunderbolt Interface to Quantum box
StudioLive32 board
Adam A7x - with matching sub
by jpettit on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 pm
RochesterDude wroteFrom Sweatwater I purchased the creation station 450, which was advertised as having Thunderbolt optional. I purchased the quantium with The Asus ThunderboltEX 3 PCIe card and the Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter. Motherboard is an Asus Z270-A.
After consulting with Sweatwater tech support they said they didn't know if this would work. Because Thunderbolt is not native (integrated into) the motherboard. They wanted to consult with Presonus.
Presonus Knowledge base said as much that thunerbolt needs to be native to the mother board.
Sweatwater has yet to get back to me.
I think it's unprofessional that Sweatwater would sell me the entire package without the knowledge that this would not work.
Anyone else experience this, or have a magic thunderbolt that would work for me.
thanks Randy

Asus Z270-A. says it supports a ThunderboltEX 3 PCIe card
Have you plugin in the card and TB header cable and set up the BIOS so that it knows which PCIe slot has the card and it is enabled?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by RochesterDude on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm
Have not touched the BIOS. Would this be easy to get to in the BIOS menu selections.? Haven't messed with that stuff much. Thanks

Windows 10
32 gig memory
Studio One 4
StudioLive32 board
by jpettit on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm
You need to start by telling us what you have done so far.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by RochesterDude on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:47 am
Sure, so far I've done: It's a new box. Installed the card in the first slot and connected the jumper cable that was supplied with card. Connected the thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt adaptor the to the quantum and card. Went to Asus web site for latest driver for card.

Windows 10
32 gig memory
Studio One 4
StudioLive32 board
by jpettit on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Do you mind helping others and sharing what you tweaked to finally make it work for your system?

by Skip Jones on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 pm
That would be beneficial to the community, for sure.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear

7 posts
Page 1 of 1