Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
The manual says: "the preamps on your Quantumseries interface can be controlled via MIDI over Thunderbolt." However, my UC Surface does not have this button.
My version of the manual has no Chapter 3.3. See attachments.

I'm asking because I'm recording a stereo mix from my analogue mixing desk and I'm a bit concerned the stereo image relies heavily on my ability to set two trim pots without marking to exactly the same setting.
Any help?

Attachments
Index.png
Manual.png
UC Surface.png
by hugolosker on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:37 am
yes i wanna know about that too... here its the same...
by slacknote on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:23 pm
Seems to be a mistake in the manual.

----
Studio One Pro 6.5.1, Quantum 2632, 2*Behringer ADA8200, H470 AORUS Pro AX Rev 1.001e, GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 PCIe Thunderbolt card, StarTech Thunderbolt cable, StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter, Intel Core i9-10850K 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro, Samsung U32R59 32 Inch Monitor
by tmondragon on Sat May 04, 2024 3:42 am
My solution is to use the tone generator in my DAW to send a 0db tone to a couple of loopback cables from one of the outputs to the input being adjusted then adjust the controls while watching the level meters to match.
I do the same for each input then I don't touch them again unlesss I get careless or someone walks up and twiddles them.

Best solution I've found to get it right at matched input levels across the device.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1