Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
19 posts
Page 1 of 1
The Quantum 2 works amazing in Studio One. 16sample buffer! What an amazing way to play VSTi and record acoustic instruments/vocals.

One issue I keep running into is that whenever S1 is open, or has been open, Windows seems to loose the Quantum as an output. I can still see it, but for example Splice or Spotify have no sound. They play and behave as if there is a sound card, but no sound is produced.

Does anyone have this? I never had this with the S192.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by Trucky on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm
webhamster wroteThe Quantum 2 works amazing in Studio One. 16sample buffer! What an amazing way to play VSTi and record acoustic instruments/vocals.

One issue I keep running into is that whenever S1 is open, or has been open, Windows seems to loose the Quantum as an output. I can still see it, but for example Splice or Spotify have no sound. They play and behave as if there is a sound card, but no sound is produced.

Does anyone have this? I never had this with the S192.

Just make sure that all your audio interfaces in Windows have these options unchecked:

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by webhamster on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 am
Great, thank you!

That solved it indeed :)

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by Trucky on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 am
Glad to help!

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by andysmith18 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:25 pm
I have the exact same symtpoms: Quantum 2 outputs show normally on the Windows playback device window, and the meter works as if its working fine, but there's no output to the Quantum. Works beautifully in Cubase using ASIO driver.

Trucky's suggestion didn't work for me, unchecking (or checking) the Exclusive Mode makes no difference.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Buzz
by Jim Roseberry on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 am
Try switching the Default playback device to a different port... then back to the desired (I assume Main Output 1/2?) port.
Close your web-browser and reopen it.
Do you now have Windows audio from the Web?

With some audio interfaces, they won't play Web audio unless the sample-rate for the audio interface is set to 44.1k.
The Presonus Quantum is fine here running at 96k (plays web audio just fine).

Best Regards,
Jim Roseberry
www.studiocat.com
[email protected]
by Trucky on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:45 am
andysmith18 wroteI have the exact same symtpoms: Quantum 2 outputs show normally on the Windows playback device window, and the meter works as if its working fine, but there's no output to the Quantum. Works beautifully in Cubase using ASIO driver.

Trucky's suggestion didn't work for me, unchecking (or checking) the Exclusive Mode makes no difference.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Buzz

Please post your system specs and the versions you're currently running.

by andysmith18 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:06 am
Jim Roseberry wroteWith some audio interfaces, they won't play Web audio unless the sample-rate for the audio interface is set to 44.1k.
The Presonus Quantum is fine here running at 96k (plays web audio just fine).

That was it! Windows didn't like 48K - but works fine with 41K (and 96K, surprisingly).

Thanks for your help!

And Trucky, added my specs to my signature, thanks for the suggestion.

Andy

Quantum 26x32 (1.1-8)
Intel Core i9-7900X Processor
ASUS X299-A 32MB
Samsung 960 PRO M.2 512GB SSD (x 3)
Cubase 9 Pro
by Trucky on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 pm
Great suggestion @Jim Roseberry and glad to hear it's working!

by Jim Roseberry on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:08 am
Glad that solved it...

Best Regards,
Jim Roseberry
www.studiocat.com
[email protected]
by alfonsosantimone on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:26 pm
Hi, i can't really resolve this issue.
When i open some ASIO app if i try to play some youtube video or some media file with a media player i have to set as a default device another one (i.e. Quantum OUT1/2) and then set back again Quantum Main OUT as default device.
Definitely multiclient operation on Windows 10 are a total mess. This affects the Quantum MIDI port to. I can't have more than an app accessing Quantum's MIDI port.
Is there any stable solution?
thanks
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:26 am
same issue here, still waiting for presonus tech support to reply they are aware of this issue.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by alfonsosantimone on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 am
jonhamilton2 wrotesame issue here, still waiting for presonus tech support to reply they are aware of this issue.

Good to know. My recent personal support exchange with Presonus on this topic didn't get me the feeling that they are really aware of this ;-)
Workflow-wise, this issue is really bad.
Let's wait for some driver upgrade.
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:01 pm
Somethings not good about it, and I'm not sure they have a fix for it yet, as I mentioned this to them via a support ticket about 4 months ago ( presonus tech support ) and the ticket was erased by someone working there. It doesn't give me a good feeling. I came off the road only to come home to the same issue,even after updating my universal control to the latest version.

I'm using digital in/outs via an apogee rosetta ,but I've also tested it with the quantums main outs, same thing happens.
What's weird is their fix works on some setups,glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue, it felt pretty lonely.

Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
by alfonsosantimone on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:23 pm
Yeah, i contacted the tech support several times in the last 3 months and still get no clear answer. Just some suggestions to upgrade my system. I did it in every part following their suggestions but still the same problem. Yesterday their last suggestion is to "reset" Windows but i have a fully functional and stable system. Only thing that does not work properly is multiclient Audio and Midi with Presonus Quantum. My RME Hammerfall perfectly works i.e. So it is clearly a Presonus driver thing. I 'm really disappointed. This is not cheap hardware at all...
by jonhamilton2 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:06 pm
Right exactly, I'm not into the wipe an entire system out n start over just because a driver is poorly written and not tested properly. It looks like this device is going to be sold off and never to purchase another device from them again if someone doesn't answer soon enough. I'm getting ready to go on the road for 3 more months n when i GET BACK TO my recording I don't want these issues.

by jonhamilton2 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:41 pm
Well then now tech support doesn't take calls on interfaces, so now it's a waiting game via email support, this sucks. take heed potential buyers

by alfonsosantimone on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 am
webhamster wroteGreat, thank you!

That solved it indeed :)

@webhamster, did you really solved the problems? I did the same as you but i can't get this sorted out. May you have some more suggestions, ideas?
thanks
by christopherlancaster on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:32 pm
I had a hard time finding any type of resolution online with the forums and videos that search engines brought up. I was getting frustrated as I was getting no output from my Quantum interface.

Here is the solution that worked for me:

I have my Studio One settings for output as "MAIN" and the LR for stereo active under the "Main Out Left" and "Main Out Right" sections.

My Windows sound settings go as this:

Output - Main Out (Presonus Quantum)

Here's the part that changed everything and made all my audio work:

I went to "more sound options" tab that is located in the "Sound" settings tab. It brought up a new screen that starts at the "Playback" tab. I scrolled down to "Main Out" (Presonus Quantum) and made that the default.

That is what provided all audio from websites, pc, and recording in Studio One come through my headphones.

19 posts
Page 1 of 1