Frustrating having to reboot the computer every time the audio interface is power cycled.
Universal Control used to detect it properly then after an upgrade this behaviour emerged, and no end of permutations of trying to uninstall / reinstall various of Universal Control haven't resolved the issue.
I see others have had problems in the past, but I didn't see any answer I could understand. I understand it might relate to some old kext files that need clearing out?
I would like to use the latest Universal Control version.
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it..
Here is a copy of one of my post: « Still happening with latest UC. However, 126.96.36.199533 is the latest good version for me. Definitely, powering off the 2626 then sleeping the computer= it won’t be recognized after sleep with 188.8.131.52460 and v184.108.40.206519. I don’t know if it behaves the same under Windows as I have to stay on 220.127.116.11533 on the two OS’ses as higher versions requires a firmware update (1.3.91 to 1.3.95). »
Like you, UC didn’t recognized the 2626 after sleep, I had to reboot every time.
From here: viewtopic.php?p=275709#p275709
I have an Hackintosh but I believe it would be the same for a real Mac and Mojave.
To resume, I would:
- clean the old driver with the uninstaller (it’s packaged with the UC installer I think);
- reinstall 18.104.22.168533 ( https://www.presonus.com/produits/fr/Qu ... hargements ) You’ll have to click on « Show all downloads ».
- UC will warn you that your firmware doesn’t match so you’ll have to choose update the firmware (in fact, downgrade to 1.91).
Be aware than when I had to do this, the installer/firmware flasher got stuck without offering me to reboot. I did the reboot manually, cycled the power on the 2626 and it’s fine since.
I keep trying but cannot seem to get it to work on my iMac running Mojave. It's absolutely frustrating being unable to upgrade, but I'm still on version 3.5.2.whatever as well. If it functioned properly, would there be any performance / feature benefit to upgrading?
One thing I have noticed though, oddly enough, is that over the course of a few hours of working on a session with UC open (I use the RTA on a separate monitor) Studio One becomes unbearably slow. Insanely long saves and misaligned pipeline timing is common. I'm running my Quantum as an aggregate device with a BLA Focusrite Sapphire Pro40 and a rock solid Crane Song master clock and during those longer sessions, the aggregate device tends to drift and the Quantum will sometimes lose sync with the clock. I close UC and everything works fine. It's the oddest thing.
Same here with a Quantum 2 on High Sierra and Catalina on a Macbook pro mid 2012. Last good version is 3.52. I already opened 2 tickets for this problem but they seem not to care about this issue, they only advised me to use the old version. I will soon try with other hardware an see if it changes anything.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest