penjojay wroteHere's some new info I received from support after linking them to this thread:
Surprise surprise! They don't want to admit there is an issue now.....do they!
I put in a ticket too but as soon as they said update to the latest uc (which i had already told.them I had) I gave up.
When I tried to fix my firestudio project they stuffed me around for like a month of "fixes" and wasted much of my time when it was clearly a driver issue...products = good customer service = poop! They are not interested in looking into fixes as it's not their software it's your fault or computer specs it doesn't work.
walkintheseshoes wrotepenjojay wroteHere's some new info I received from support after linking them to this thread:
Yep. Not too surprising, as of course they were just trying to make sure I really fully uninstalled the driver. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt just in case it somehow magically worked. Now I did not try installing all of the Gigabyte mobo drivers, because who has time for that? There are like 40 and I don't want all that unrelated crap. I did ask support if they had a specific on they wanted me to try though, so I am waiting to hear back.
All of you should make a ticket so Presonus get their act together
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8GB
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Windows 10, Ableton 10, Cubase 10
[Edit: Removed signature with obsolete system specs.]
Same problem here. Like others have said, it doesn't interfere with DAW use (Studio One), but sound from other applications, including Chrome and Spotify, disappear when the source is changed.
Changing Quantum 2626 settings in UC will reenable the sound. At first, I was changing the sample rate from 44.1kHz to 48kHz and back. Turns out it's faster to change the block size from my typical 128 to anything and back.
Quantum 2626, 1.3-83 firmware, UC 22.214.171.124835, power plan optimized, Gigabyte Vision D z490 motherboard, Intel TB drivers 1.41.890.0, StarTech 2 meter TB cable.
Last edited by erichaarbauer on Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So here's my $0.02. For the longest time I didn't notice this problem because I very often had Ableton running in the background. Then I began having the aforementioned issue with sound playback stopping every time a new video on u2b would start. After a bit of fiddling around I came to the realization that playback would work fine with Ableton running. This seemed a bit excessive so I tried just playing an mp3 in the background with the volume turned all the way down...works just as well (set to repeat for endless functionality). It's a little more resource friendly than having a DAW running in the background for no reason other than just making your desktop audio function, though far from what I'd call a satisfactory solution. This is obviously a driver related issue but from what I've read in this forum, I can't say I'm feeling optimistic about Presonus addressing the issue.
josephellis1 wroteWindows 10 audio drivers do not support multiple devices playing at the same time.
Don't mean to rain on your parade but:
1: never had an issue using 2 x firestuido projects using win 10
2: works perfectly fine when I have both units on and apply the "fix" I found
3: using just 1 unit has the issue unless you apply the "fix" I found.
End result = driver issue just like everyone else that has posted the same issue
Hey @walkintheshoes, you may want to update the post title to say "found a workaround" instead of "found a fix". That might help get a little more attention from Presonus folks scanning the board.
I just put in a thanks for bringing this up by the way. Running with the ADAT dialog open is clumsy, but far less irritating that changing settings at random times!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests