Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
My Quantum 2626 keeps making a loud static noise at 44.1 kHz and 48.00 kHz. At higher sample rate values the sound off the Quantum output is perfect. Anyone knows how to fix this?
by adamhughes on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:34 pm
I'm also interested in this. I have the same issue - noise apparent when using 44.1 or 48kHz, while there is no issues with higher sample rates. I'm running Windows 10 with my Quantum 2626 connected via Thunderbolt 3 cable to my laptop. I've tried many things to address this and nothing fixed it but possibly some may help you, e.g. my laptop did not have SST (speedshift) enabled by default even though it was supported by the CPU, I've enabled this using Throttlestop SW, it helped general performance and power usage but did not help this issue. There is a FAQ from PreSonus to disable C-states https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... tum-Series but I don't like this as a potential solution as it will prevent the CPU from going into low power state and there shouldn't be any reason to have CPU running max constantly, particularly on a laptop and regardless it doesn't mention issues with lower sample rates only.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1