Discuss Quantum Thunderbolt Interface Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had success recording into Studio One 4 with a Quantum and not used Low Z Monitoring? For being a fast interface I find there is stil too much latency to record without using Low Z.

MacBook Pro Retina, 13 inch Early 2015
2.7 ghz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Presonus Quantum, Presonus Studio One Pro 4, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Digimax FS, Softube Console1MK II
by MarkusHassold on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 pm
Low-z only means using the lowest buffersize you have adjusted - without Low-z it uses the buffersize set for dropout-protection which can be very high.

So it doesn't make any sense not using Low-z when recording.

Presonus Firestudio Tube, Firestudio Project with Universal Control 1.7.6, Presonus Faderport, Bluetube DP, HP 4, Bluemax.....

Presonus Studio One Pro 4.1
Celemony Melodyne Studio 4.2
Softube Console1 MK II, Volume 2

- Mac Mini 6.2, (2014), internal SSD+HD, 2,3 GHz Core i7 quad, 16 GB RAM, MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
(- MacBookPro 4.1, 17" ( late 2008 ) with internal SSD, 2,5 GHz Core2Duo, 4 GB RAM, MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan),
External harddisc (3.5" - 7200 rpm) (with eSATA connection through a Sonnet express-card on the notebook or USB3 on the Mac Mini).
by adzord on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:06 pm
Thanks for the reply,
The reason I ask, is that I am using Softube Console One and you cannot even have it on a track whether is enabled or not enabled and use low Z on the master bus when you enable record. I only use console one for mixing but its nice to have it all set up on a template.

MacBook Pro Retina, 13 inch Early 2015
2.7 ghz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Presonus Quantum, Presonus Studio One Pro 4, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Digimax FS, Softube Console1MK II
by Jim Roseberry on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:07 am
The issue is that Console One plugins are latent (add additional latency).
That latency has to be compensated (whether the plugin is turned on/off), so you can immediately mute/unmute the track/bus.
If latency compensation wasn't enabled for plugins that are turned off, it would have to be calculated/applied after you hit the transport (causing sluggish response).

Best Regards,
Jim Roseberry
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

4 posts
Page 1 of 1