Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am wondering if this is possible with the recallable XMAX preamps inside Studio One:
Step one: Record with input Mic 1 on one track and saving its preamp level within the project
Step two: Then record another track also with Mic 1 and save this (different) preamp level also within the project
Step three: Do a new recording on the first track with the preamp level that has been saved in step one.

What I also ask myself, although this makes no practical sense I guess: What happens with those preamp level if you record engage both tracks?

anyway, my assumption is that every preamp level change on one of those two tracks is also changing the preamp level on the other chanel with the same input. Right? In the end that would mean you cannot save more XMAX preamp/hi-z levels than you have such inputs on your device. A little bummer especially if you want to record more than two different guitars for example, since there are only two Hi-Z inputs.

by jpettit on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am
Yep, S1 stores a snapshot of the preamp level when the song was saved.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by patm300e on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:21 am
But isn't that preamp level stored on the channel being used?

For instance recording Guitar 1 (From Input 1) onto Channel 1.
Then Record Guitar 2 (From Input 1) onto Channel 2. Record Guitar 3 (from Input 1) onto Channel 3.
The individual track gains (either using the event gain or mix tool) is set up per channel. While you will NOT have different gains from the interface, you CAN have different gains on the Tracks.

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by jpettit on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:13 am
Correct.
The preamp only applies to the current input level from th interface.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

4 posts
Page 1 of 1