Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was excited when I found a used Studio 1810c for $200. Of course there's always a risk of these things being "cheap for a reason", but I took a chance and bought it.

I inboxed it. I'll set aside my complaints about the quality of the packing or the lack of a USB cable they promised to include. My chief concern right now is the fact that they included a Bose power supply.

I know a little, but not a lot, about power supplies. I know that in theory, you can mix power supplies as long as they meet certain requirements. But I can't seem to find information on what this PreSonus unit demands. Moreover, I'm still not 100% sure if it's safe to use the one they gave me or not.

The power supply included is model F12V-1.35C-DC. The specs are as follows:

Input -> 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 0.5A Max
Output -> 12VDC 1.35A

I'll also note that this plug allows for reversed polarity.

Can someone help provide some guidance here? Do you think this power supply is safe to use with this unit?

Device: HP Laptop 17t-by200 (16GB RAM, Core i7-10510U, 256GB internal SSD, 1TB external SSD)
Software: Studio One 5.5.2
Mixer/Audio Interface: StudioLive 24 Series III
MIDI Interface: iConnectivity MioXL
Synths: Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha DX7 II-FD, Yamaha TX81Z, Korg Triton-Rack
DSP: Ensoniq DP/4
Mic: Shure SM58
by themaartian on Fri May 10, 2024 2:46 am
Who is "they"? Who did you buy the interface from? Some parts have been switched out.

The power supply that came with my 1810c is spec'd for 12VDC out at 2A (24W) max. Proper system design (at least IMO) should allow a 50% margin, so I would be surprised if the 1810c ever drew more than 1A. You'd have to have 4 mics using phantom power and using both the S/PDIF and ADAT ports and all of the line outs to approach that.

The power supply you have should work just fine, assuming that the interface works fine. Any time I see parts swapped out, I get concerned.

For example, more than 25 years ago, after searching for years for the Wings Over America live double CD to replace my triple LP set, I found an import set in a record store in Singapore. I bought it, but didn't open the shrink wrap until I got back to Chicago. I was disappointed to find out that it contained 2 copies of Disk 1, with no disk 2. After many more years of searching, I found an import set at Borders on Michigan Ave for $45 and bought it. It had both disks. I replaced Disk 2 with my second copy of Disk 1 and returned it, asking them to replace it. After months of trying, they couldn't find a replacement and refunded my $45. The risk I took paid off!

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro

2 posts
Page 1 of 1