Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello community,

I have a connection issue with 24c and macOS with Kali LP6s. When I am using 24c with Windows, I have no issue, but when I switch to macOS for mixing and other stuff I am having trouble with the connection.

When the music plays on Spotify or Ableton (it doesn't matter) some stutters occur and 24c gets closed for milliseconds and restarts again. You can see the console log of macOS, it stops the audio engine and starts again.

Has anyone been there before or have any ideas to solve it?

Gears:
- M2 Macbook Pro with macOS Sonoma
- Studio 24c
- Kali LP6's

by serdarkaracaga on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:19 pm
Hello,

Issue solved. I was using Type-C - Type-C USB 3.2 100w cable and saw it doesn't support data transfer between Studio 24c and macOS.

My research indicated that Studio 24c uses USB 2.0 protocol, so I am now using a Type-C to Type-A USB 2.0 cable with a USB hub. I ordered a USB Type-C to Type-C USB 2.0 so as not to use a USB hub. I will share my results with that cable again.

Keywords: USB Sound assertion (Streams wrapping on different frames (off by 2)

Edit after a few days: The cable has arrived, the issue is solved. Cable: Assmann Digitus AK-300138-018-S.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1