Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey,

This is driving me insane.

on all my inputs I get random input gains. I can send a mono signal to ch 1 and 2 via a line level aux cable and with the knobs DEAD CENTER or even completely down one ch is like 3-6db higher.

I tried about a dozen cables, mixer bypass, different sources, updating UC, firmware, every single input avail. Its all the same. Its a mess.

I am also hearing my right channel speaker have a slightly different low end response and its not the speakers, cable, source. windows settings or anything I can figure out other than the 1824c itself.

To my knowledge there is no EQ in UC so I'm pretty much at a loss for words here.

Is this normal? Is this thing garbage? Do I have a defective unit?

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to figure this out.

Thank you <3
by jebbyslonar on Mon May 15, 2023 3:41 am
Is it wavering? I mean do you get a sort of change occasionally? The UC definitely does have meters for volumes. No eq but you always gotta check the L R stereo mono. I am also getting a rare dip in volume on a particular track which I used over the ADAT. This must be because of the lightpipe I figure. It's usually pretty solid, but what I did was run the UC out from 2 in + 7 8 in, and mixed the channels 2 more to the Right. So this gets an occasional dip in audio very briefly, not exactly ideal. My preamps seem to be fine. Maybe you have a old unit with the need to clean those preamp pots. This has been known to happen on amps. I have currently another device, an AKAI Advance PRO, that is a midi controller, and just out of seemingly nowhere over the last half year or so, it seems that all its MIDI CC dials have gotten wavery and they will change settings on any plugin or synth that they are connected to completely uncontrollably. the unclean dial pots. Just got to get in and clean out the dust and grime. It could require taking off the front, best left to a pro since I have never cleaned these before.

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
Presonus Studio interfaces:
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
Why didn't Van Gogh poke out his eye?
by johnmalgioglio on Mon May 15, 2023 2:55 pm
I appreciate the reply!

So its a newer unit, maybe just over a year old with extremely light use. Just sitting in my desk rack, smoke free, set and forget just for my main PC. Rarely even plug things in.

Its a constant thing it seems. I ran a sine to left, right and stereo and Ch 1 is -6 Ch 2 is -2ish and seems to be similar on other inputs. I'll make a video and upload if I can.

I was thinking maybe its doing something weird with mic or line level but that seems like it would be much more of a jump in gain. 7&8 are even worse. This is so frustrating,

Not including the issues with the inputs, my main outs sound different and its driving me insane to the point where I'm probably gonna go to the doctor to test my hearing to just rule that out but I did a test to even bypass that.

I put my phone on my desk and set it to record a voice note, I played the same mono kick drum just an 808 on left ch and right ch and you can clearly see a difference in the waveform alone. Been an engineer for 10 years almost and this is really throwing me for a loop.

I also bypassed inputs and just tested audio coming out of my computer on anything, YouTube, windows media player, whatever, and audio translates fine looking at the meters on the outputs but still hear a difference in the outputs.
by jebbyslonar on Tue May 16, 2023 5:39 am
Well, you did say you thought the UC didn't have 'eq' but that is not exactly what you're describing, which is a volume difference. The UC does have a panel for controlling the volumes have you used it and hit the reset button? it resets the whole interface. Can create a large amount of work if you have it all set up as I do to run that ADAT out of one into another interface via optical. But it might change your interface back to zero. Try it. just click on the interface in the UC, then the interface's mixer panel comes up. Just click reset it's in the top right area of the UC display when the mixer showing below. The interface carries the settings with it, so if someone ever had it set up it could still have the settings from before.

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
by johnmalgioglio on Tue May 16, 2023 5:44 pm
ADAT would be cool but I have nothing that supports it and dont really wanna go through that and tbh I shouldn't have to.

Also I am having both volume issue on the inputs but my output Im missing some low frequency. Maybe my unit got fried on a power outage? I had it on a UPS but idk.

I also factory reset everything and bypassed the mixer in UC.

I made a support ticket but the website is literally so useless it wont load the response they wrote and refuse to get on the phone so we'll have to drag this 10 minute phone convo out over like 3 months of support ticket emails probably lol.
by jebbyslonar on Wed May 17, 2023 11:47 pm
Please don't bypass the mixer. You must use the mixer that pops out from the Universal Control. This is your driver. The device will maintain the settings. Use the mixer and push the reset button on it. You said factory reset but you said bypass mixer. So the mixer contains the reset button. I don't know what kind of factory reset you could do without using the mixer.

Please for the sake of the music you will make with this great device, don't bypass the mixer. It is vital that you use the mixer.

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)

6 posts
Page 1 of 1