Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Presonus Studio 1824C connected to my Mac (am running Monterey), and noticed that I always can hear the input sound (through my microphone which is connected to the 1824c) in my headphones, even when I am not running any DAW or other programmes.
When I select input monitoring on one of the channels in Logic Pro X I get a "chorus"-type sound, even though there are no effects applied at all on the channel. This is not heard when I play back a recording, but I hear it in the monitoring in my headphones. I believe this chorus type of effect is because the the input sound (which is there all the time, whichever programme I have open) is somehow doubled with the sound in Logic Pro X. The same happens when I plug in my guitar, I can hear the output all the time when listening through the headphones, then when I open up Logic and select an effect channel the sound gets mixed with the dry channel. How can I turn this off?
by steveboenke on Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:22 pm
I also want to know how to turn off the direct monitoring.

I was tracking guitars on my PreSonus 1824c, got a great sounding guitar plug in, "but" I can hear the raw guitar plunk plunk plunk.
by SwitchBack on Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:02 pm
Install and run Universal Control on your computer, then click on the image of your interface (when connected) to open UC Surface. That gives you access to the interface's internal mixer.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1