Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all

I use multiple environments with my 1824c.

Universal Control stopped supporting Windows 7 after version 3.2.1. That wouldn't be a big issue, except that firmware updates for the unit are tied to the version of Universal Control you happen to be using.

I have to take the interface across 2 (and likely, eventually 3) environments/Operating Systems.

My primary recording rig is a Windows 7 system, secured and kept mostly offline, used mostly for recording music.

My secondary recording rig is a Windows 10 system, used mostly for streaming live gaming sessions and podcasts.

I travel to a location that uses Windows 10 as it's main OS for the recording rig but they are looking to "upgrade" to Windows 11.

I have to figure out the following:

1. Is there anything about firmware versions that come after UC 3.2.1 that are desirable to have on the unit?

2. is there anything in UC that makes having the latest version desirable over version 3.2.1?

3. does US version 3.2.1 run on Windows 11?

4. Has anyone figured out how to spoof the windows version info to UC or bypass the firmware so that it doesn't keep flagging windows 7 for a firmware downgrade?
by jebbyslonar on Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:00 am
update to windows 11 what do you have to lose?
I just updated from a windows 10 to a windows 11 with the purchase as well of a new computer with 12 cores. A Ryzen 3900XT. I would say that you will need over a month to rebuild your computer but in the end you will be rewarded with a computer that never BSODs and rarely goes above 5% cpu use. I am using the 2 interfaces 1824c an 1810c with the new (tower type) computer and it never even so much as hiccups. A lot of people have besmirched Windows 11 but with some registry edits and buying a pro key for what ? 18 dollars I think it cost... I am able to do things I only before dreamed to do. one or two things that seem better in this windows, are that I have finally GPedited off the dang Update malware and virus protection notifications. Could have done it in Windows 10 but I never bothered. It bugged me all those years. Another thing that is better, is the Windows seems to reliably put a particular input into a program that I use for some visual output from a particular audio input (an oscilloscope) This was always glitching in Windows 10.

I know I know you have a bunch of reasons you want to stay on Windows 7...but I just haven't used it since 2016 seriously. My Windows 7 experience was 1 core doubling as 2. I can't recommend 12 core Ryzen 3900XT experience enough... perfect used machine for musicians.

As far as the UC goes, I have no problem with the updated version. Of course this isn't what you are asking for...but I don't know the answer to your question. I recommend updating, dusting off your old stuff, and going always forward until they try to get you using something that is designed to kill humans like 5G or mRNA bioweapon shots. Good luck Crows.

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
Presonus Studio interfaces:
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
Why didn't Van Gogh poke out his eye?

2 posts
Page 1 of 1